Janet M Warren
Affiliation: Oxford Brookes University
- How well do children aged 5-7 years recall food eaten at school lunch?Janet M Warren
Nutrition and Food Science Group, School of Biological and Molecular Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Gipsy Lane Campus, Headington, OX3 OBP, UK
Public Health Nutr 6:41-7. 2003..This study aimed to determine the accuracy with which children aged 5 to 7 years were able to report the food eaten at a school lunch...
- Evaluation of a pilot school programme aimed at the prevention of obesity in childrenJ M Warren
Nutrition and Food Science Group, School of Biological and Molecular Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK
Health Promot Int 18:287-96. 2003..The ultimate goal of any such programme is to lead to positive behaviour change which will have a beneficial effect on long-term health. Successful targeting of the family remains a challenge to such interventions...
- Low glycemic index breakfasts and reduced food intake in preadolescent childrenJanet M Warren
Nutrition and Food Science Group, School of Biological and Molecular Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Gipsy Lane Campus, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 112:e414. 2003..In addition, the impact of GI on food intake and body weight regulation in the long term needs to be investigated...
- Lack of evidence on diets for obesity for children: a systematic reviewLorna J Gibson
Cancer Research UK Epidemiology and Genetics Group, Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Int J Epidemiol 35:1544-52. 2006..There is an urgent need for well-designed intervention studies of the long-term effectiveness of alternative diets to provide a basis for evidence-based recommendations...
- The HIKCUPS trial: a multi-site randomized controlled trial of a combined physical activity skill-development and dietary modification program in overweight and obese childrenRachel A Jones
Child Obesity Research Centre, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW, 2522, Australia
BMC Public Health 7:15. 2007....
- Randomised controlled trials in overweight children: practicalities and realitiesJanet M Warren
University of Newcastle, Schools of Health Sciences and Education, Callaghan Campus, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Int J Pediatr Obes 2:73-85. 2007..To highlight and discuss the practical aspects of conducting high quality, randomised controlled trials (RCTs) with overweight and obese children and their families...