Lesley A Smith
Affiliation: Oxford Brookes University
- Incidence of and risk factors for perineal trauma: a prospective observational studyLesley A Smith
Department Social Work and Public Health, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Jack Straws Lane, Marston, Oxford, OX3 0FL, UK
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:59. 2013..Our aim was to describe the range of perineal trauma in women with a singleton vaginal birth and estimate the effect of maternal and obstetric characteristics on the incidence of perineal tears...
- Meta-analysis of the association of the Taq1A polymorphism with the risk of alcohol dependency: a HuGE gene-disease association reviewLesley Smith
School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University, Marston, United Kingdom
Am J Epidemiol 167:125-38. 2008..The relatively small effect for the association of the A1 allele, or another genetic variant linked to it, with alcohol dependence indicates a multigene causality for this complex disorder...
- The effect of alcohol advertising, marketing and portrayal on drinking behaviour in young people: systematic review of prospective cohort studiesLesley A Smith
School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, OX3 0FL, UK
BMC Public Health 9:51. 2009..We evaluated the relationship between exposure to alcohol advertising, marketing and portrayal on subsequent drinking behaviour in young people by systematic review of cohort (longitudinal) studies...
- Cardiotoxicity of anthracycline agents for the treatment of cancer: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsLesley A Smith
Medical Research Matters, 77 Witney Road, Eynsham, OX29 4PN, UK
BMC Cancer 10:337. 2010..We conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis to clarify the risk of early and late cardiotoxicity of anthracycline agents in patients treated for breast or ovarian cancer, lymphoma, myeloma or sarcoma...
- We need to guard against biasDavid R Foxcroft
School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK
Drug Alcohol Rev 27:346-8; discussion 352-6. 2008
- Characteristics, interventions, and outcomes of women who used a birthing pool: a prospective observational studyEthel E Burns
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford
Birth 39:192-202. 2012..The objective of this study was to describe and compare maternal characteristics, intrapartum events, interventions, and maternal and neonatal outcomes by planned place of birth for women who used a birthing pool...
- Brief screening questionnaires to identify problem drinking during pregnancy: a systematic reviewEthel Burns
School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University, Jack Straws Lane, Marston, Oxford, UK
Addiction 105:601-14. 2010..We investigated the sensitivity, specificity and predictive value of brief alcohol screening questionnaires to identify problem drinking in pregnant women...