Jane V Appleton
Affiliation: Oxford Brookes University
- Health visiting assessment--unpacking critical attributes in health visitor needs assessment practice: a case studyJane V Appleton
Centre for Research in Primary and Community Care, University of Hertfordshire, College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9AB, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 45:232-45. 2008..These assessments are pivotal in uncovering need, safeguarding children and in determining levels of health intervention to be offered to children and their families by the health visiting service in the UK...
- Safeguarding and protecting children: where is health visiting now?Jane V Appleton
School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University
Community Pract 84:21-5. 2011....
- Evaluating health visitor assessments of mother-infant interactions: a mixed methods studyJane V Appleton
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, Jack Straws Lane, Marston, Oxford, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 50:5-15. 2013..Given the significance of reliably detecting cases where mother-infant relationships are not developing successfully, it is important that initial assessment processes are as sensitive and specific as possible...
- Delivering safeguarding children services in primary care: responding to national child protection policyJane V Appleton
School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, England
Prim Health Care Res Dev 13:60-71. 2012..This study set out to examine how Primary Care Organisations (PCOs) in England manage, organise and deliver their safeguarding children responsibilities...
- Journeying from the philosophical contemplation of constructivism to the methodological pragmatics of health services researchJane V Appleton
Research Education, School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University, Academic Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
J Adv Nurs 40:641-8. 2002..This paper presents our journey through a contemplation of the philosophical origins of constructivism to consider its role as an active methodology in qualitative research...
- The guideline contradiction: health visitors' use of formal guidelines for identifying and assessing families in needJane V Appleton
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King s College, London, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 41:785-97. 2004..Thus, even when guidelines exist, no accurate predictions can be made about health visitors' knowledge of or use of such guidelines in practice...
- Health visiting assessment processes under scrutiny: a case study of knowledge use during family health needs assessmentsJane V Appleton
School of Health and Social Care, Oxford Brookes University, Jack Straws Lane, Marston, Oxford OX3 0FL, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 45:682-96. 2008..To date, there has been only limited empirical examination of the types of knowledge and ways of knowing which are likely to influence health visiting practice during family health needs assessments...
- Sharing evidence: community practitioners writing for publicationJane V Appleton
Oxford Brookes University
Community Pract 81:22-5. 2008..This paper outlines the many different forms in which authors may write for publication in this journal, including opinon pieces and clinical updates, as well as more in-depth and lengthy professional papers...