Affiliation: Oxagen Ltd
- Positional cloning of a novel gene influencing asthma from chromosome 2q14Maxine Allen
Oxagen, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, UK
Nat Genet 35:258-63. 2003..6 kb (DPP10), which extends over 1 Mb of genomic DNA. DPP10 encodes a homolog of dipeptidyl peptidases (DPPs) that cleave terminal dipeptides from cytokines and chemokines, and it presents a potential new target for asthma therapy...
- Inhibition of PI3K and calcineurin suppresses chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells (CRTH2)-dependent responses of Th2 lymphocytes to prostaglandin D(2)Luzheng Xue
Oxagen Limited, 91 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4RY, United Kingdom
Biochem Pharmacol 73:843-53. 2007..These data suggest that PI3K and Ca2+/calcineurin/NFAT signalling pathways are critically involved in pro-inflammatory responses of Th2 cells to PGD2...
- Prostaglandin D2 causes preferential induction of proinflammatory Th2 cytokine production through an action on chemoattractant receptor-like molecule expressed on Th2 cellsLuzheng Xue
Oxagen Limited, Abingdon, Oxon, United Kingdom
J Immunol 175:6531-6. 2005....
- Novel function of CRTH2 in preventing apoptosis of human Th2 cells through activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathwayLuzheng Xue
Oxagen Ltd, Abingdon, United Kingdom
J Immunol 182:7580-6. 2009..These data suggest that in addition to promoting the recruitment and activation of Th2 cells, PGD(2) may also impede the resolution of allergic inflammation through inhibiting apoptosis of Th2 cells...
- Pharmacologic profile of OC000459, a potent, selective, and orally active D prostanoid receptor 2 antagonist that inhibits mast cell-dependent activation of T helper 2 lymphocytes and eosinophilsRoy Pettipher
Oxagen Ltd, 91 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon, OX14 4RY, United Kingdom
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 340:473-82. 2012..o.). These data indicate that OC000459 is a potent, selective, and orally active DP₂ antagonist that retains activity in human whole blood and inhibits mast cell-dependent activation of both human Th2 lymphocytes and eosinophils...
- A dominant role for chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on T helper type 2 (Th2) cells (CRTH2) in mediating chemotaxis of CRTH2+ CD4+ Th2 lymphocytes in response to mast cell supernatantsShân L Gyles
Department of Drug Discovery, Oxagen Ltd, Abingdon, Oxon, United Kingdom
Immunology 119:362-8. 2006..These data suggest that PGD2, or closely related metabolites of arachidonic acid, produced from mast cells may play a central role in the activation of CRTH2+ CD4+ Th2 lymphocytes through a CRTH2-dependent mechanism...
- Delta12-prostaglandin D2 is a potent and selective CRTH2 receptor agonist and causes activation of human eosinophils and Th2 lymphocytesLucien Gazi
Drug Discovery Department, Oxagen Limited, 91 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4RY, UK
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 75:153-67. 2005..These data also confirm the selective effect of other PGD2 metabolites on CRTH2 and illustrate how the metabolism of PGD2 may influence the pattern of leukocyte infiltration at sites of allergic inflammation...
- Indole-3-acetic acid antagonists of the prostaglandin D2 receptor CRTH2Richard E Armer
Oxagen Ltd, 91 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
J Med Chem 48:6174-7. 2005..The compounds may serve as novel starting points for the development of treatments of inflammatory disease such as asthma, allergic rhinitis, and atopic dermatitis...
- Salbutamol inhibits trypsin-mediated production of CXCL8 by keratinocytesFrank R Wettey
Oxagen Limited, 91 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4RY, UK
Cytokine 36:29-34. 2006..Taken together, these data suggest that elevation of cAMP production is required for the inhibitory effect of salbutamol on CXCL8 production by keratinocytes and that low threshold levels of cAMP are sufficient to mediate this effect...