Genomes and Genes
Mir Davood Omrani
- The association of TGF-β1 codon 10 polymorphism with suicide behaviorMir Davood Omrani
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Genetics, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 159:772-5. 2012..7%), in comparison with the controls (27%). The findings of this study demonstrated an association between TGF-β1 (codon 10) T/C polymorphisms and suicide behavior...
- Association of interleukin-10, interferon-gamma, transforming growth factor-beta, and tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene polymorphisms with long-term kidney allograft survivalMir Davood Omrani
Deptartment of Genetics, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
Iran J Kidney Dis 4:141-6. 2010....
- Role of IL-10 -1082, IFN-gamma +874, and TNF-alpha -308 genes polymorphisms in suicidal behaviorMir Davood Omrani
Department of Genetics, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Motahari Hospital, Urmia, Iran
Arch Suicide Res 13:330-9. 2009..027). It can be concluded that IL-10, IFN-gamma, and TNF-alpha polymorphisms may play a role in suicidal behavior...
- Association of codon 10 polymorphism of the transforming growth factor beta 1 gene with prostate cancer and hyperplasia in an Iranian populationMir Davood Omrani
Department of Genetics, Urmia Medical Science University, Urmia, Iran
Urol Int 83:329-32. 2009..The role of this polymorphism in the development of prostate cancer and hyperplasia was investigated...
- CpG island methylation profile of estrogen receptor alpha in Iranian females with triple negative or non-triple negative breast cancer: new marker of poor prognosisFatemeh Ramezani
Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:451-7. 2012..However, methylation of different CpG islands produced a diverse impact on the prognosis of breast cancer, and ER5 was found to be the most frequently methylated region in the Iranian women, and could serve as a marker of poor prognosis...
- Allelic frequency and genotypes of prion protein at codon 136 and 171 in Iranian Ghezel sheep breedsSiamak Salami
Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, Faculty of Medicinem Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
Prion 5:228-31. 2011....
- Intact expression status of RASSF1A in acute myeloid leukemiaDavood Zare-Abdollahi
Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Med Oncol 31:770. 2014..In conclusion, expression status of RASSF1A remained intact in our target samples, indicating that RASSF1A expression variation does not participate in the pathogenesis and the progression of AML...
- Are so-called cancer-testis genes expressed only in testis?Soudeh Ghafouri-Fard
Department of Medical Genetics, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:7703-5. 2014..Future research should focus on the expression profiles of so called CT antigens to find those with more testis specific expression. ..
- The Val34Leu genetic variation in the A subunit of coagulation factor XIII in recurrent spontaneous abortionMorteza Bagheri
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Genetics, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
Syst Biol Reprod Med 57:261-4. 2011..64) corresponding to 95% CI, χ2 = 0.78, p value = 0.37) was not statistically significant. These results suggest that factor XIII Val34Leu genetic variation is not associated with recurrent spontaneous abortion...
- Synergistic effects of angiotensinogen -217 G→A and T704C (M235T) variants on the risk of severe preeclampsiaFarhad Shahvaisizadeh
Department of Medical Genetics, Medical School, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Iran
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 15:156-61. 2014..The aims of the present study were to investigate the association between AGT T704C (M235T) and -217 G→A polymorphisms with the risk of preeclampsia and synergistic effects of both polymorphisms on the susceptibility to preeclampsia...
- Complex translocation among chromosomes 2, 3, 9, 15, 18, 20 in a patient with 3p-syndromeMir Davood Omrani
Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 17:521-2. 2014..3) of the short arm of one of her chromosomes 3. Her karyotype was 46, XX, t(2;18) (p12;q12.1), del(3) (p23p26), t(3;9;15; 20) (q13;p23;q12; p12). Her parents showed a normal karyotype pattern...
- Association of catechol-o-methyl transferase gene polymorphism with prostate cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasiaMir Davood Omrani
Department of Genetics, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
J Res Med Sci 14:217-22. 2009..In this regard, a study was carried out to find a possible association between the COMT gene polymorphism in patients with sporadic prostate cancer (PCa) and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)...