- Seroprevalence of IgM and IgG antibodies to Toxoplasma infection in healthy and HIV-positive adults from Northern NigeriaDimie Ogoina
Department of Medicine, College of Health Sciences, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Amassoma, Bayelsa State, Nigeria
J Infect Dev Ctries 7:398-403. 2013..We examined the seroprevalence of toxoplasma infection in HIV-negative and -positive adults from Zaria, Northern Nigeria, and assessed its relationship with demographic, clinical, and immunological findings...
- Dermatomyositis associated with HIV-1 infection in a Nigerian adult female: a case reportD Ogoina
Department of Medicine, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Amasomma, Bayelsa State, Nigeria
Afr Health Sci 12:74-6. 2012..Our aim is to show the effect of HIV infection, as well as HAART-induced immune reconstitution on the clinical course of dermatomyositis...
- Human Herpesvirus 8 Infections and AIDS-Associated Kaposi Sarcoma in Zaria, Northern NigeriaDimie Ogoina
Immunology Unit, Department of Medicine, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital ABUTH, Zaria, Nigeria
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 10:43-8. 2011..We examined the seroprevalence of HHV8 infection in patients with AIDS-KS presenting to Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital (ABUTH), Zaria, Nigeria, and also described their clinical presentation...
- Fever, fever patterns and diseases called 'fever'--a reviewDimie Ogoina
Immunology and Infectious Disease Unit, Department of Medicine, Bingham University Teaching Hospital, Jos Plateau State, Nigeria
J Infect Public Health 4:108-24. 2011..The various medical illnesses called "fever" are also listed and the origins of their appellations discussed...
- Seroprevalence and determinants of human herpes virus 8 infection in adult Nigerians with and without HIV-1 infectionD Ogoina
Immunology Unit, Department of Medicine, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria
Afr Health Sci 11:158-62. 2011..This study examined the seroprevalence and determinants of HHV8 infections in adult Nigerians with and without HIV-infection...
- Disseminated infections due to Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrome after highly active antiretroviral therapy--report of 3 cases from NigeriaDimie Ogoina
Department of Medicine, Bingham University Teaching Hospital, Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria
Pan Afr Med J 9:38. 2011..Clinicians should be alert to the possibility of IRIS in HIV-infected patients initiated or re-initiated on HAART. There is need for future prospective studies determining risk factors for IRIS in HIV-infected patients from Nigeria...