- The classification of problem behaviour in Diagnostic Criteria for Psychiatric Disorders for Use with Adults with Learning Disabilities/Mental Retardation (DC-LD)Gregory O'Brien
University of Northumbria, Northgate Hospital, Morpeth, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 47:32-7. 2003..Problem behaviour is common among adults with learning disabilities, often to an extent that it impacts upon the functioning and social inclusion of the individual, and of the individual's family and immediate social network...
- Autism and learning disabilityGregory O'Brien
Developmental Psychiatry, University of Northumbria, UK
Autism 8:125-40. 2004..Although both disorders show overlap in some behaviours they are different in many aspects. Are they distinct syndromes which influence each other, or do they belong to a broad spectrum of a condition?..
- Young adults with learning disabilities: a study of psychosocial functioning at transition to adult servicesGregory O'Brien
Northumbria University, Northgate Hospital, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 3BP, UK
Dev Med Child Neurol 48:195-9. 2006..Greater efforts should be made to detect and assess LD and its attendant problems in children in order to plan future care and transition to adulthood, especially for those with more severe disabilities...
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: review of ADHD in learning disability: the Diagnostic Criteria for Psychiatric Disorders for Use with Adults with Learning Disabilities/Mental Retardation[DC-LD] criteria for diagnosisMarian C Seager
Northgate Hospital, Morpeth, Northumberland, UK
J Intellect Disabil Res 47:26-31. 2003..Classification systems in current use have presented diagnostic difficulties in this area, when used for people with learning disability (particularly adults)...
- Presentation of depression in autism and Asperger syndrome: a reviewMary E Stewart
Applied Psychology, Heriot Watt University, UK
Autism 10:103-16. 2006..There is a clear need to develop specific tools both for diagnostic purposes and for measurement of depression in autism and Asperger syndrome in order to help alleviate the distress caused by this treatable illness...