Jane P Noyes
- Celebrating methodological challenges and changes: reflecting on the emergence and importance of the role of qualitative evidence in Cochrane reviewsKarin Hannes
Methodology of Educational Sciences Research Group, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, KU Leuven, Andreas Vesaliusstraat 2, Leuven, Belgium
Syst Rev 2:84. 2013....
- An ongoing struggle: a mixed-method systematic review of interventions, barriers and facilitators to achieving optimal self-care by children and young people with Type 1 Diabetes in educational settingsDeborah Edwards
School of Social Sciences, Bangor University, Bangor LL57 2EF, UK
BMC Pediatr 14:228. 2014..It is important that children are supported to optimally manage their diet, exercise, blood glucose monitoring and insulin regime at school. Young people self-manage at college/university...
- When to stop? Decision-making when children's cancer treatment is no longer curative: a mixed-method systematic reviewEdith Valdez-Martinez
Health Research Council of the Mexican Institute of Social Security, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Av, Cuauhtémoc 330, Col, Doctores, C, P, Mexico 06720 D, F, Mexico
BMC Pediatr 14:124. 2014....
- Effective process or dangerous precipice: qualitative comparative embedded case study with young people with epilepsy and their parents during transition from children's to adult servicesSheila A Lewis
Centre for Health Related Research, School of Healthcare Sciences, Bangor University, Bangor LL57 2EF, UK
BMC Pediatr 13:169. 2013....
- Wheelchair interventions, services and provision for disabled children: a mixed-method systematic review and conceptual frameworkNathan Bray
Centre for Health Economics and Medicines Evaluation, Bangor University, Ardudwy Building, Normal Site, Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 2PZ, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 14:309. 2014....
- Learning from the Brazilian community health worker model in North WalesChristopher David Johnson
Public Health Wales, Preswylfa, Mold, Flintshire CH71 PZ, UK
Global Health 9:25. 2013..In this commentary, we describe the rationale for the UK to learn from Brazil's scaled-up Community Health Worker primary care strategy, starting with a pilot project in North Wales...
- Evidence-based planning and costing palliative care services for children: novel multi-method epidemiological and economic exemplarJane Noyes
School of Healthcare Sciences, Bangor University, Bangor, UK
BMC Palliat Care 12:18. 2013..We integrated evidence, and undertook and used novel methodological epidemiological work to develop the first evidence-based and costed commissioning exemplar...
- Planning ahead with children with life-limiting conditions and their families: development, implementation and evaluation of 'My Choices'Jane Noyes
Noreen Edwards Chair in Health Services Research and Child Health, School of Healthcare Sciences, Bangor University, Bangor, UK
BMC Palliat Care 12:5. 2013..abstract:..
- A methodological review of resilience measurement scalesGill Windle
Dementia Services Development Centre, Institute of Medical and Social Care Research, Bangor University, Ardudwy, Holyhead Road, Bangor, LL56 2PX Gwynedd, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 9:8. 2011..This paper systematically reviews the psychometric rigour of resilience measurement scales developed for use in general and clinical populations...
- Knowledge and information needs of young people with epilepsy and their parents: Mixed-method systematic reviewSheila A Lewis
Room 1021, 1st Floor, Glan Clwyd Hospital, Bodelwyddan LL18 5UJ, UK
BMC Pediatr 10:103. 2010....
- Fatherhood and children with complex healthcare needs: qualitative study of fathering, caring and parentingLucie Hobson
National Institute for Social Care and Health Research Clinical Research Centre North Wales Research Network, UK
BMC Nurs 10:5. 2011..abstract:..
- Evidence into practice: evaluating a child-centred intervention for diabetes medicine management. The EPIC ProjectJane P Noyes
Centre for Health Related Research, Bangor University, Bangor, UK
BMC Pediatr 10:70. 2010..The aim of the diabetes information intervention is to improve children and young people's quality of life by increasing self-efficacy in managing their type 1 diabetes...
- Comparison of ventilator-dependent child reports of health-related quality of life with parent reports and normative populationsJane Noyes
College of Health and Behavioural Sciences, School of Healthcare Sciences, University of Wales, Bangor, UK
J Adv Nurs 58:1-10. 2007..This paper is a report of the first study of ventilator-dependent child and parent ratings of health-related quality of life using a validated instrument, which was undertaken as part of a case study of costs and consequences...
- Directly observed therapy and tuberculosis: how can a systematic review of qualitative research contribute to improving services? A qualitative meta-synthesisJane Noyes
Cochrane Qualitative Research Methods Group University of Wales, Bangor, UK
J Adv Nurs 57:227-43. 2007..This paper reports the findings from a qualitative meta-synthesis concerning people with, or at risk of, tuberculosis, service providers and policymakers and their experiences and perceptions of tuberculosis and treatment...
- Resource use and service costs for ventilator-dependent children and young people in the UKJane Noyes
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Studies, College of Health and Behavioural Science, University of Wales, Bangor, UK
Health Soc Care Community 14:508-22. 2006..These estimates provide commissioners and managers with good-quality data to inform the implementation of recently published national guidance on care for these children and young people...
- Health and quality of life of ventilator-dependent childrenJane Noyes
Centre for Health Related Research, College of Health and Behavioural Sciences, School of Healthcare Sciences, University of Wales, Bangor, UK
J Adv Nurs 56:392-403. 2006..This paper reports a qualitative study with ventilator-dependent children and their parents, describing their experiences and meanings concerning the children's health and quality of life...
- Compiling, costing and funding complex packages of home-based health careJane Noyes
Centre for Health Related Research, University of Wales, Bangor
Paediatr Nurs 19:28-32. 2007..A further article next month will address risk management and clinical governance issues in delivering complex home-based care...
- Risk management and clinical governance for complex home-based health careMary Lewis
Lifetime Service, Bath and North East Somerset Primary Care Trust, Centre for Child and Adolescent Health, University of the West of England
Paediatr Nurs 19:23-8. 2007..Developing and applying clinical governance and risk management frameworks are part of improving outcomes for children with complex needs and their families...
- Adequacy of health-related quality of life measures in children under 5 years old: systematic reviewAngela Grange
Bradford Institute for Health Research, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Bradford, UK corrected
J Adv Nurs 59:197-220. 2007..This paper is a report of a systematic review to assess the adequacy of measures evaluating generic health-related quality of life outcomes in children less than 5 years old...
- Discharge management for children with complex needsMary Lewis
The Lifetime Service, Bath and North East Somerset Primary Care Trust and Research Associate, Centre for Child and Adolescent Health, University of the West of England
Paediatr Nurs 19:26-30. 2007..Guidance on putting together and costing a care package proposal, and applying risk management and clinical governance procedures in home-based settings will be published in the June issue of Paediatric Nursing...
- Families' experiences of caring for technology-dependent children: a temporal perspectiveJanet Heaton
Social Policy Research Unit, University of York, UK
Health Soc Care Community 13:441-50. 2005..More trained carers and short-term care provision, better coordination of services and improvements in the design of devices would all help to reduce the negative effects of the care routines on families...
- Research protocolJane Noyes
J Adv Nurs 61:473. 2008
- Barriers that delay children and young people who are dependent on mechanical ventilators from being discharged from hospitalJane Noyes
Department of Nursing Institute for Health and Social Care Research, University of Salford, Manchester, UK
J Clin Nurs 11:2-11. 2002....