S D Ryder
Affiliation: Nottingham City Hospital
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in adultsS D Ryder
Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Gut 52:iii1-8. 2003
- Predicting survival in early hepatocellular carcinomaS Ryder
Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Gut 54:328-9. 2005
- Progression of hepatic fibrosis in patients with hepatitis C: a prospective repeat liver biopsy studyS D Ryder
Queen s Medical Centre, University Hospital, Notttingham, UK
Gut 53:451-5. 2004..We prospectively studied the rate of progression of fibrosis in HCV infected patients by repeat liver biopsies without intervening treatment...
- TT virus infection in patients with hepatitis C: frequency, persistence, and sequence heterogeneityW L Irving
Department of Microbiology, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 180:27-34. 1999..Sequence analysis indicated that most viral sequences were distinct between patients, and there was evidence of genetic heterogeneity and viral evolution within individuals...
- Progression of initially mild hepatic fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C infectionM J Williams
Nottingham Digestive Diseases Centre, Nottingham University Hospital, Nottingham, UK
J Viral Hepat 18:17-22. 2011..Early antiviral therapy should be considered in older patients and those with high ALT levels...
- Response rates to combination therapy for chronic HCV infection in a clinical setting and derivation of probability tables for individual patient managementB J Thomson
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
J Viral Hepat 15:271-8. 2008....
- Findings on liver biopsy to investigate abnormal liver function tests in the absence of diagnostic serologyM M Skelly
Division of Gastroenterology and Pathology, University Hospital, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
J Hepatol 35:195-9. 2001..Liver biopsy yields a range of liver diseases of diverse nature and extent. Liver diseases may be uncovered for which specific treatment is indicated...
- Autoantibodies in chronic hepatitis C virus infection and their association with disease profileM J Williams
Wolfson Digestive Diseases Centre, Nottingham University Hosptial, Nottingham, UK
J Viral Hepat 16:325-31. 2009..Anti-nuclear antibodies increase with age, whereas ASM antibodies are associated with interface hepatitis in men. Neither autoantibody carries increased risk of fibrosis progression or failure of therapy...
- Severe fibrosis in hepatitis C virus-infected patients is associated with increased activity of the mannan-binding lectin (MBL)/MBL-associated serine protease 1 (MASP-1) complexK S Brown
Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, School of Molecular Medical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 147:90-8. 2007..The potential role of MBL/MASP-1 complex activity in disease progression is worthy of further study to investigate possible mechanistic links...
- Improving diagnostic yield of biliary brushings cytology for pancreatic cancer and cholangiocarcinomaC O Wight
Department of Histopathology, Queen's Medical Centre, University Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
Cytopathology 15:87-92. 2004..4%, at the expense of a fall of the specificity to 66.7%. We conclude that review by two dedicated pathologists and additional diagnostic categories can improve the diagnostic accuracy of biliary brushings...