D H Pamphilon
Affiliation: NHS Blood and Transplant
- Storage characteristics of cord blood progenitor cells: report of a multicenter study by the cellular therapies team of the Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusion (BEST) CollaborativeDerwood Pamphilon
Bristol Institute for Transfusion Sciences and Division of Statistics and Clinical Audit, NHS Blood and Transplant, Bristol, UK
Transfusion 51:1284-90. 2011..A number of variables such as temperature and cell concentration are of critical importance for the integrity of HPCs during this time...
- Transportation of cellular therapy products: report of a survey by the cellular therapies team of the Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusion (BEST) collaborativeD H Pamphilon
NHS Blood and Transplant, North Bristol Park, Northway, Filton, Bristol, UK
Vox Sang 99:168-73. 2010..A number of variables such as temperature and cell concentration are of critical importance for the integrity of CTP during this time...
- Stem cell donation--what advice can be given to the donor?Derwood Pamphilon
NHS Blood and Transplant Bristol Centre, Bristol, UK
Br J Haematol 147:71-6. 2009..Registry data mostly describes patient outcome but stem cell donor registries collect and report information on unrelated donors which could easily be extended to related donors. Further well-designed, randomised studies are required...
- The use of granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor in volunteer unrelated hemopoietic stem cell donorsDerwood Pamphilon
The British Bone Marrow Registry and Institute for Transfusion Sciences, Bristol, UK
Transfusion 48:1495-501. 2008....
- Early emergence of PNH-like T cells after allogeneic stem cell transplants utilising CAMPATH-1H for T cell depletionR J Garland
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:237-44. 2005..663, P<0.0001). The presence of CD52- cells has been correlated previously with clinical outcome after CAMPATH therapy for both malignant and nonmalignant diseases...
- The clinical features, risk factors and outcome of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura occurring after bone marrow transplantationR Fuge
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Bristol Children's Hospital, United Bristol Healthcare Trust, Bristol, UK
Br J Haematol 113:58-64. 2001..Six out of 17 patients responded to plasmapheresis, but the majority of them ultimately succumbed because of TTP, often in association with GvHD or fungal infection...
- Leukaemic stem cellsA Blair
Bristol Institute for Transfusion Sciences, Bristol, UK
Transfus Med 13:363-75. 2003..Here, we discuss potential differences between normal and leukaemic stem cells, some of which may have therapeutic implications...
- High peripheral blood progenitor cell counts enable autologous backup before stem cell transplantation for malignant infantile osteopetrosisC G Steward
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Royal Hospital for Children, Upper Maudlin St, Bristol, BS2 8BJ, UK
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:115-21. 2005..These cells are then available for reinfusion should graft failure be observed in patients for whom retransplantation is impractical...
- Influence of cytomegalovirus (CMV) sero-positivity on CMV infection, lymphocyte recovery and non-CMV infections following T-cell-depleted allogeneic stem cell transplantation: a comparison between two T-cell depletion regimensS Chakrabarti
Adult Bone Marrow Transplant Unit and Public Health Laboratories, Bristol Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Bristol, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:197-204. 2004..These findings suggest that the modality of TCD should be tailored according to the CMV risk status, and CMV sero-positive patients should receive a less extensively T-cell-depleted graft and a CMV sero-positive graft if possible...
- Differential leucocyte subpopulation analysis of leucodepleted red cell productsJ R Rider
Bristol Institute for Transfusion Sciences, National Blood Service Bristol Centre, UK, and Coulter Electronics, Luton, UK
Transfus Med 10:49-58. 2000..Results presented here demonstrate that whole blood filtration, and BC removal, significantly reduce the content and substantially alter the subpopulation distribution of the donor leucocytes remaining in leucodepleted red cell products...
- Early lymphocyte recovery is an important determinant of outcome following allogeneic transplantation with CD34+ selected graft and limited T-cell addbackS Chakrabarti
Adult Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Bristol Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Bristol, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:23-30. 2003..Thus, TCAB with a CD34+ selected graft resulted in a comparable outcome in both older and younger patients, but the survival was strongly influenced by early lymphocyte recovery...