Affiliation: NHS Blood and Transplant
- The UK scheme for mandatory continuous monitoring of early transplant outcome in all kidney transplant centersDave Collett
Statistics and Clinical Audit, NHS Blood and Transplant, Bristol, United Kingdom
Transplantation 88:970-5. 2009..The value and limitations of the scheme are discussed along with changes that may improve its utility as a tool for self-assessment and central oversight...
- Comparison of the incidence of malignancy in recipients of different types of organ: a UK Registry auditD Collett
Statistics and Clinical Audit, NHS Blood and Transplant, Bristol BS34 8RR, UK
Am J Transplant 10:1889-96. 2010..Patterns in standardized incidence ratios over time since transplantation are different for different types of transplant recipient, as well as for different malignancies. These results have implications for a national screening program...
- Estimated risk of cancer transmission from organ donor to graft recipient in a national transplantation registryR Desai
NHS Blood and Transplant, Bristol, UK
Br J Surg 101:768-74. 2014..Transplanted organs carry the risk of inadvertent donor cancer transmission. Some cancers in organ donors have been classified as being associated with a high or unacceptable risk, but the evidence for such recommendations is scanty...
- Life expectancy of adult liver allograft recipients in the UKK Barber
UK Transplant, Bristol, UK
Gut 56:279-82. 2007..Although there are numerous data on patient and graft survival after liver transplantation, life expectancy and possible loss of life (compared with a normal matched population) in those who survive remains unknown...
- Standardized deceased donor kidney donation rates in the UK reveal marked regional variation and highlight the potential for increasing kidney donation: a prospective cohort study†D M Summers
Department of Surgery, School of Clinical Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Box 202, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK Cambridge National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Centre, Cambridge, UK NHS Blood and Transplant, Bristol, UK
Br J Anaesth 113:83-90. 2014..We aimed to determine whether despite the national approach to donation there is significant regional variation in deceased donor kidney donation rates...