Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: National Institute for Medical Research
- Interaction between chromatin proteins MECP2 and ATRX is disrupted by mutations that cause inherited mental retardationXinsheng Nan
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, The King s Buildings, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:2709-14. 2007..We propose that disruption of the MeCP2-ATRX interaction leads to pathological changes that contribute to mental retardation...
- Regulation of MBD1-mediated transcriptional repression by SUMO and PIAS proteinsMatthew J Lyst
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
EMBO J 25:5317-28. 2006..Our data suggest that transcriptional silencing by MBD1 is regulated by a PIAS-mediated conjugation of SUMO1, which antagonizes the formation of a repressive complex with SETDB1...
- The methyl-CpG-binding protein MeCP2 links DNA methylation to histone methylationFrancois Fuks
Wellcome Cancer Research UK Institute and Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:4035-40. 2003..Our data provide evidence that MeCP2 reinforces a repressive chromatin state by acting as a bridge between two global epigenetic modifications, DNA methylation and histone methylation...
- HIV-1 Tat protein transduction domain peptide facilitates gene transfer in combination with cationic liposomesLaura Hyndman
Medical Sciences Medical Genetics, Molecular Medicine Centre, The University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
J Control Release 99:435-44. 2004..Treatment with chloroquine increased, and incubation at low temperature decreased, TLD transfection, suggesting that the endocytosis uptake pathway is involved...
- Potent stimulation of gene expression by histone deacetylase inhibitors on transiently transfected DNAXinsheng Nan
Medical Genetics Section, Molecular Medicine Centre, The University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 324:348-54. 2004..Furthermore, the overall enhancement of transgene expression by HDAC inhibitors was not as pronounced as in transiently transfected cells...