Jean Baptiste Manneville
Affiliation: National Institute for Medical Research
- Producing cells retain and recycle Wingless in Drosophila embryosSven Pfeiffer
National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Curr Biol 12:957-62. 2002..Such endocytosed Wingless can in turn be sent back to the cell surface (the first direct observation of ligand recycling in live embryos). Recycling may serve to sustain high-level signaling in this region of the epidermis...
- Interaction of the actin cytoskeleton with microtubules regulates secretory organelle movement near the plasma membrane in human endothelial cellsJean Baptiste Manneville
National Institute for Medical Research, London NW7 1AA, UK
J Cell Sci 116:3927-38. 2003..The results show that the dynamics of endothelial secretory organelles close to the plasma membrane are controlled by the opposing roles of the microtubule and actin cytoskeletal transport systems...
- Autosomal dominant growth hormone deficiency disrupts secretory vesicles in vitro and in vivo in transgenic miceLindsay McGuinness
National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 144:720-31. 2003..These new in vitro and in vivo models shed new light on the cellular mechanisms involved in IGHDII, as well as its phenotypic consequences in vivo...
- Use of TIRF microscopy to visualize actin and microtubules in migrating cellsJean Baptiste Manneville
Institut Curie CNRS, Paris, France
Methods Enzymol 406:520-32. 2006..TIRF microscopy provides quantitative information on the organization of the cytoskeleton in both fixed and live migrating cells...
- Cdc42 and Par6-PKCzeta regulate the spatially localized association of Dlg1 and APC to control cell polarizationSandrine Etienne-Manneville
Medical Research Council Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology, University College London, London WC1E 68T, UK
J Cell Biol 170:895-901. 2005..Biochemical analysis and total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy reveal that the subsequent physical interaction between APC and Dlg1 is required for polarization of the microtubule cytoskeleton...
- Positioning centrosomes and spindle poles: looking at the periphery to find the centreJean Baptiste Manneville
UMR 144 CNRS Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Biol Cell 98:557-65. 2006..We suggest that microtubule plus-end complexes simultaneously regulate microtubule dynamics and microtubule anchoring at the cell periphery to allow proper centrosome and spindle-pole positioning...