Affiliation: National Institute for Medical Research
- Effect of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate on risk of renal abnormality in HIV-1-infected children on antiretroviral therapy: a nested case-control studyAli Judd
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, 222 Euston Road, London, UK
AIDS 24:525-34. 2010..To investigate the association between tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) use and renal abnormality in a large cohort of HIV-1-infected children on antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Improving survey methods in sero-epidemiological studies of injecting drug users: a case example of two cross sectional surveys in Serbia and MontenegroAli Judd
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, London, UK
BMC Infect Dis 9:14. 2009....
- Morbidity, mortality, and response to treatment by children in the United Kingdom and Ireland with perinatally acquired HIV infection during 1996-2006: planning for teenage and adult careAli Judd
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, London, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 45:918-24. 2007..We describe changes over time in these characteristics and in the response to treatment among children in the United Kingdom and Ireland with perinatally acquired HIV infection, many of whom are now adolescents...
- Early antiretroviral therapy in HIV-1-infected infants, 1996-2008: treatment response and duration of first-line regimensAli Judd
Clinical Trials Unit, Aviation House, 125 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6NH, UK
AIDS 25:2279-87. 2011..To investigate virological and immunological response to antiretroviral therapy (ART), and predictors of switching and interrupting treatment among infants starting ART across Europe...
- Twenty years of selective hepatitis B vaccination: is hepatitis B declining among injecting drug users in England and Wales?A Judd
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, London, UK
J Viral Hepat 14:584-91. 2007....
- Hepatitis B vaccine uptake among injecting drug users in England 1998 to 2004: is the prison vaccination programme driving recent improvements?V D Hope
Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, Colindale, London, UK
J Viral Hepat 14:653-60. 2007....
- Vertically acquired HIV diagnosed in adolescence and early adulthood in the United Kingdom and Ireland: findings from national surveillanceA Judd
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, London, UK
HIV Med 10:253-6. 2009..The aim of the study was to describe the characteristics of young people with vertically acquired HIV diagnosed aged > or =13 years...
- Explosive spread and high prevalence of HIV infection among injecting drug users in Togliatti City, RussiaTim Rhodes
Department of Social Science and Medicine, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, University of London, London, UK
AIDS 16:F25-31. 2002..To establish the prevalence of antibodies to HIV (anti-HIV) and associated risk factors among injecting drug users (IDU) in Togliatti City, Samara Oblast, Russian Federation...
- Hepatitis C virus infection, HIV co-infection, and associated risk among injecting drug users in Togliatti, RussiaTim Rhodes
The Centre for Research on Drugs and Health Behaviour and Unit for International Public Health and Development, Imperial College, London, UK
Int J STD AIDS 16:749-54. 2005..There is an urgent need to maximize syringe distribution coverage, develop health promotion targeting HCV prevention for IDUs, and improve access among IDUs to treatments for HIV and HCV infection...
- High HIV prevalence among injecting drug users in Estonia: implications for understanding the risk environmentLucy Platt
Centre for Research on Drugs and Health Behaviour, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
AIDS 20:2120-3. 2006..Differences existed in risk behaviour between the cities. An urgent scale-up of HIV prevention is needed. It is also important to explore how local 'risk environments' mediate the risk of HIV transmission...
- Mortality in perinatally HIV-infected young people in England following transition to adult care: an HIV Young Persons Network (HYPNet) auditR Fish
TEAM Clinic, Mortimer Market Centre, Central Northwest London NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
HIV Med 15:239-44. 2014..Mortality in young people with perinatally acquired HIV infection (PHIV) following transfer to adult care has not been characterized in the UK. We conducted a multicentre audit to establish the number of deaths and associated factors...
- Modelling the impact on Hepatitis C transmission of reducing syringe sharing: London case studyP Vickerman
HIVTools Research Group, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Int J Epidemiol 36:396-405. 2007..To inform public health action, mathematical modelling is used to explore the possible impact of strategies to decrease syringe sharing...
- Hepatitis C and its risk management among drug injectors in London: renewing harm reduction in the context of uncertaintyTim Rhodes
Centre for Research on Drugs and Health Behaviour, Department of Social Science and Medicine, Imperial College London, University of London, London, UK
Addiction 99:621-33. 2004....
- Methods to recruit hard-to-reach groups: comparing two chain referral sampling methods of recruiting injecting drug users across nine studies in Russia and EstoniaLucy Platt
Centre for Research on Drugs and Health Behaviour, Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
J Urban Health 83:i39-53. 2006....
- Effects of sex work on the prevalence of syphilis among injection drug users in 3 Russian citiesLucy Platt
Centre for Research on Drugs and Health Behavior, Imperial College, London, England
Am J Public Health 97:478-85. 2007..We examined risk factors for syphilis infection among injection drug users in 3 Russian Federation cities, focusing particular attention on the potential roles of gender and sex work...
- HIV prevalence among injecting drug users in England and Wales 1990 to 2003: evidence for increased transmission in recent yearsVivian D Hope
Health Protection Agency, Centre for Infections, 61 Colindale Av, London NW9 5EQ, UK
AIDS 19:1207-14. 2005..To describe trends in HIV prevalence among injecting drug users in England and Wales between 1990 and 2003...
- Increasing the uptake of hepatitis C virus testing among injecting drug users in specialist drug treatment and prison settings by using dried blood spots for diagnostic testing: a cluster randomized controlled trialM Hickman
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
J Viral Hepat 15:250-4. 2008..Additional trials with a larger number of sites are justified, ideally in the context of drug and treatment policies that gave clearer priority (and targets) to infection control and testing...
- Incidence of hepatitis C virus and HIV among new injecting drug users in London: prospective cohort studyAli Judd
Centre for Research on Drugs and Health Behaviour, Department of Primary Care and Social Medicine, Imperial College London, London W6 8RP
BMJ 330:24-5. 2005
- Prevalence of personality disorder in alcohol and drug services and associated comorbidityOwen Bowden-Jones
Central and North West London Mental Health NHS Trust, UK
Addiction 99:1306-14. 2004..To compare the prevalence of personality disorder in alcohol and drug populations with special attention to its impact on psychopathology and service characteristics...
- Injecting equipment sharing among injecting drug users in Togliatti City, Russian Federation: maximizing the protective effects of syringe distributionTim Rhodes
The Centre for Research on Drugs and Health Behaviour and Department for International Development Knowledge Programme in HIV AIDS, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, University of London, United Kingdom
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:293-300. 2004..To compare risk factors for injecting equipment sharing among injecting drug users (IDUs) in Togliatti City, Russia...
- Drug-related mortality and fatal overdose risk: pilot cohort study of heroin users recruited from specialist drug treatment sites in LondonMatthew Hickman
Centre for Research on Drugs and Health Behaviour, Social Science and Medicine, Imperial College, London
J Urban Health 80:274-87. 2003..The pilot study showed that these studies are feasible and ethical, and that specialist drug agencies could have a vital role to play in the monitoring of drug-related mortality...
- Over a decade of syringe exchange: results from 1997 UK surveyJames Parsons
Criminal Policy Research Unit, South Bank University, London
Addiction 97:845-50. 2002..To describe syringe exchange provision in the United Kingdom...