- Using targeted risk factor reduction to prevent falls in older in-patients: a randomised controlled trialFrances Healey
Department of Elderly Medicine, York District Hospital, Wigginton Road, York YO31 8HE, UK
Age Ageing 33:390-5. 2004..There is evidence that identifying and addressing individual risk factors can reduce the incidence of falls in the community but no evidence of the effectiveness of targeted risk factor reduction methods applied to hospital in-patients...
- The effect of bedrails on falls and injury: a systematic review of clinical studiesFrances Healey
National Patient Safety Agency, 4 8 Maple Street, London W1 T 5HD, UK
Age Ageing 37:368-78. 2008..around one-fourth of all falls in healthcare settings are falls from bed. The role of bedrails in falls prevention is controversial, with a prevailing orthodoxy that bedrails are harmful and ineffective...
- Falls in English and Welsh hospitals: a national observational study based on retrospective analysis of 12 months of patient safety incident reportsF Healey
National Patient Safety Agency, London, UK
Qual Saf Health Care 17:424-30. 2008....
- Bedrail use in English and Welsh hospitalsFrances M Healey
National Patient Safety Agency, London, United Kingdom
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1887-91. 2009..To explore rates of bedrail use, nurses' rationale, and factors related to bedrail use...
- A guide on how to prevent falls injury in hospitalsFrances Healey
National Patient Safety Agency, London
Nurs Older People 22:16-22. 2010..Patient and service improvement case studies are described...
- Root cause analysis for tissue viability incidentsFrances Healey
Patient Safety Manager NPSA, North and East Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire
J Tissue Viability 16:12-5. 2006
- The best methods of preventing falls in hospitalsFrances Healey
Can J Nurs Res 38:3-4. 2006
- Preventing falls among older people in hospital: Interpreting the null resultFrances Healey
BMJ 336:847. 2008