Affiliation: National Institute for Medical Research
- In vivo imaging of microglial activation with [11C](R)-PK11195 PET in progressive supranuclear palsyAlexander Gerhard
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, and National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, United Kingdom
Mov Disord 21:89-93. 2006..11C](R)-PK11195 PET, therefore, may help in characterizing in vivo the underlying disease activity in PSP...
- [11C](R)-PK11195 PET imaging of microglial activation in multiple system atrophyA Gerhard
MRC Clinical Sciences Center and Division of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Neurology 61:686-9. 2003..Providing an indicator of disease activity, [11C](R)-PK11195 PET can thus be used to characterize the in vivo neuropathology of MSA...
- In vivo imaging of microglial activation with [11C](R)-PK11195 PET in corticobasal degenerationAlexander Gerhard
MRC Clinical Sciences Center and Division of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Mov Disord 19:1221-6. 2004....
- Evolution of microglial activation in patients after ischemic stroke: a [11C](R)-PK11195 PET studyAlexander Gerhard
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre and Department of Neuropathology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Neuroimage 24:591-5. 2005..Our data suggest that [11C](R)-PK11195 PET can be used to investigate both the primary lesion and remote pathological changes following Wallerian degeneration...
- In vivo imaging of microglial activation with [11C](R)-PK11195 PET in idiopathic Parkinson's diseaseAlexander Gerhard
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre and Division of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Neurobiol Dis 21:404-12. 2006..The absence of significant longitudinal changes suggests that microglia are activated early in the disease process, and levels then remain relatively static, possibly driving the disease via cytokine release...
- Microglial activation in presymptomatic Huntington's disease gene carriersYen F Tai
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Brain 130:1759-66. 2007..PK PET may be a useful marker of active subclinical disease and a means of investigating the efficacy of neuroprotection strategies in PGCs...
- Microglia, amyloid, and cognition in Alzheimer's disease: An [11C](R)PK11195-PET and [11C]PIB-PET studyPaul Edison
MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Cyclotron Building Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, UK
Neurobiol Dis 32:412-9. 2008..MMSE scores in AD subjects correlated with levels of cortical microglial activation but not with amyloid load. The inverse correlation between MMSE and microglial activation is compatible with a role of microglia in neuronal damage...
- In vivo imaging of neuroinflammationAnnachiara Cagnin
Clinical Sciences Centre, PET Neurology, Cyclotron Building, Hammersmith Hospital, DuCane Road, W12 ONN, London, UK
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 12:581-6. 2002....
- Reference and target region modeling of [11C]-(R)-PK11195 brain studiesFederico E Turkheimer
Division of Neuroscience, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 48:158-67. 2007....
- Cardiovascular effects of methamphetamine in Parkinson's disease patientsNicola Pavese
MRC Clinical Science Center and Division of Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London, United Kingdom
Mov Disord 19:298-303. 2004..These findings suggest that in PD there is impairment of catecholamine release from peripheral sympathetic presynaptic terminals, which correlates with motor impairment...
- Imaging microglial activation in Huntington's diseaseYen F Tai
Division of Neuroscience and Psychological Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, UK
Brain Res Bull 72:148-51. 2007..Further longitudinal studies are needed to fully elucidate this link...
- A systematic comparison of kinetic modelling methods generating parametric maps for [(11)C]-(R)-PK11195Alexander N Anderson
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Neuroscience and Mental Health, Imperial College London, UK
Neuroimage 36:28-37. 2007..The reference-to-target ratio and the Logan graphical approach were significantly less reliable and less sensitive...
- Novel reference region model reveals increased microglial and reduced vascular binding of 11C-(R)-PK11195 in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseGiampaolo Tomasi
Department of Information Engineering, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Nucl Med 49:1249-56. 2008....
- Functional relevant loss of long association fibre tracts integrity in early Alzheimer's diseaseAndreas Fellgiebel
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Mainz, Untere Zahlbacher Strasse 8, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Neuropsychologia 46:1698-706. 2008....