G J Morgan
- Supporting families of critically ill children at home using videoconferencingG J Morgan
Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children, Belfast, UK
J Telemed Telecare 11:91-2. 2005..Preliminary results with ISDN videoconferencing are encouraging. Initial results and feedback from families strongly suggest that videoconferencing provides significant benefits over telephone follow-up...
- Transcatheter closure of long tubular patent arterial ducts: The Amplatzer Duct Occluder II-A new and valuable toolGareth Morgan
Bristol Congenital Heart Centre, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol BS2 8BJ
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 73:576-80. 2009..The new amplatzer ductal occluder II may prove to be a useful additional tool in these circumstances. We describe our initial experiences with this new device in three patients with long tubular (Type C) ducts...
- Home videoconferencing for patients with severe congential heart disease following dischargeGareth J Morgan
Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children, Royal Group of Hospitals, Belfast, Ireland
Congenit Heart Dis 3:317-24. 2008..Telemedicine has an increasing role in clinical and academic medicine. Improvements in quality and reliability of videoconferencing systems have allowed this to become a useful diagnostic tool...
- Balloon debanding the pulmonary artery: in vitro studies and early clinical experienceGareth J Morgan
Bristol Congenital Heart Centre Cardiac Surgery, Bristol, UK
Congenit Heart Dis 4:273-7. 2009..Balloon disruption of surgical PA bands may offer a less invasive alternative to surgical band removal. In vitro analysis suggests that the burst pressure required and mechanism of disruption are predictable...
- Anomalous origin of the left coronary artery from the right pulmonary artery presenting following relief of left heart obstruction: a distinct and predictable clinico-pathological syndromeGareth Morgan
Hospital for Sick Children Labatt Family Heart Centre, Toronto Canada
Congenit Heart Dis 5:327-30. 2010..Failure to diagnose anomalous origin of the coronary artery from the pulmonary artery during repair of other anomalies is important because reduction in pulmonary artery pressure will reduce myocardial perfusion pressure...
- Transcatheter and endovascular stent graft management of coarctation-related pseudoaneurysmsA Khavandi
Department of Cardiology, The Bristol Heart Institute, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, UK
Heart 99:1275-81. 2013..Redo surgery has a significant risk. Endovascular stent graft repair is increasingly used but there are limited data regarding this indication. We describe the experience of two UK congenital referral centres...
- Assessing ASDs prior to device closure using 3D echocardiography. Just pretty pictures or a useful clinical tool?G J Morgan
Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Clark Clinic, Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children, Falls Road, Belfast, BT2 6BE, Northern Ireland, UK
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:478-82. 2008..To compare the findings from 3D echo with those from two-dimensional transoesophageal echocardiography (TOE) regarding dimensions, morphology and suitability for device closure...