David J Griffiths
Affiliation: Moredun Research Institute
- Pathology and pathogenesis of ovine pulmonary adenocarcinomaD J Griffiths
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik, Midlothian EH26 0PZ, Scotland, UK
J Comp Pathol 142:260-83. 2010..The recent advances in understanding JSRV and the pathogenesis of OPA should lead to novel strategies for diagnosis and control of this disease and for its exploitation as a comparative model for human lung cancer...
- Jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus is present at high concentration in lung fluid produced by ovine pulmonary adenocarcinoma-affected sheep and can survive for several weeks at ambient temperaturesChristina Cousens
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Edinburgh EH26 0PZ, UK
Res Vet Sci 87:154-6. 2009..These are the first quantitative data on JSRV in lung fluid and provide valuable information for implementing appropriate biosecurity measures to control the spread of JSRV in the field...
- Jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus infects multiple cell types in the ovine lungHenny M Martineau
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik, Midlothian EH26 OPZ, United Kingdom
J Virol 85:3341-55. 2011..These results enhance the understanding of OPA pathogenesis and may have comparative relevance to human lung cancer, for which samples representing early stages of tumor growth are difficult to obtain...
- Infestation of sheep with Psoroptes ovis, the sheep scab mite, results in recruitment of Foxp3(+) T cells into the dermisT N McNeilly
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan Penicuik, Midlothian, EH26 OPZ, UK
Parasite Immunol 32:361-9. 2010..Future work will investigate the regulatory function of ovine Foxp3(+) T cells and determine whether the quality of the Treg response to P. ovis plays a role in individual susceptibility to the mite...
- Jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus-specific immune responses induced by vaccination: a comparison of immunisation strategiesChristina Summers
Medical Microbiology, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Vaccine 24:1821-9. 2006..These results will help in the design of a protective vaccine against JSRV infection and the development of OPA...