- Disease course patterns after discontinuation of bevacizumab: pooled analysis of randomized phase III trialsDavid Miles
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Rickmansworth Rd, Northwood, London HA6 2RN, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 29:83-8. 2011....
- Adjuvant treatment of breast cancer: impact of monoclonal antibody therapy directed against the HER2 receptorHannah M Simonds
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Department of Oncology, Rickmansworth Road, Northwood, HA6 2RN, UK
Expert Opin Biol Ther 7:487-91. 2007..This review briefly summarises the use of trastuzumab in advanced breast cancer and describes recent studies of its use in the adjuvant setting...
- Treatment of older patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer with pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and docetaxel: subgroup analyses from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase III trial (CLEOPATRA)David Miles
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Rickmansworth Road, Northwood, Middlesex, HA6 2RN, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 142:89-99. 2013..The efficacy and safety data reported in CLEOPATRA suggest that the combined use of pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and docetaxel should not be limited by patient age...
- Biomarker results from the AVADO phase 3 trial of first-line bevacizumab plus docetaxel for HER2-negative metastatic breast cancerD W Miles
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood, London, HA6 2RN, UK
Br J Cancer 108:1052-60. 2013..However, identification of patients benefitting most from bevacizumab remains elusive. The AVADO trial included an extensive optional exploratory biomarker programme...
- Recent advances in systemic therapy. When HER2 is not the target: advances in the treatment of HER2-negative metastatic breast cancerDavid W Miles
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Rickmansworth Road, Middlesex HA6 2RN, UK
Breast Cancer Res 11:208. 2009..The novel agents bevacizumab and ixabepilone were recently approved for metastatic breast cancer, and numerous other agents are currently in clinical development that may contribute further valuable therapeutic options...
- Phase III study of bevacizumab plus docetaxel compared with placebo plus docetaxel for the first-line treatment of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative metastatic breast cancerDavid W Miles
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 28:3239-47. 2010..5 and 15 mg/kg) with docetaxel as first-line therapy for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -negative, locally recurrent or metastatic breast cancer (MBC) was investigated in a three-arm, placebo-controlled, phase III trial...
- Survival benefit with capecitabine/docetaxel versus docetaxel alone: analysis of therapy in a randomized phase III trialDavid Miles
Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Clin Breast Cancer 5:273-8. 2004....
- Combining capecitabine and bevacizumab in metastatic breast cancer: a comprehensive reviewDavid Miles
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood, UK
Eur J Cancer 48:482-91. 2012..We also examine ongoing trials investigating capecitabine-bevacizumab combination therapy...
- Phase III multicenter clinical trial of the sialyl-TN (STn)-keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) vaccine for metastatic breast cancerDavid Miles
Mount Vernon Cancer Center, Northwood, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Oncologist 16:1092-100. 2011..Secondary endpoints included vaccine safety and immune response...
- Combination versus sequential single-agent therapy in metastatic breast cancerDavid Miles
ICRF Breast Cancer Biology Unit, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Oncologist 7:13-9. 2002..This article expands on these issues by reviewing trials comparing combination regimens with sequential approaches...
- Bevacizumab in first-line treatment of metastatic breast cancer: a viewpoint by David MilesDavid Miles
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood, Middlesex, England
Drugs 67:1800-1. 2007
- Rationale for the clinical development of STn-KLH (Theratope) and anti-MUC-1 vaccines in breast cancerDavid Miles
ICRF Clinical Oncology Unit, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Clin Breast Cancer 3:S134-8. 2003..The trial was closed to enrollment in March 2001 with the accrual of 1030 women. The final analysis is event driven and is expected to commence mid 2003...
- Protection against MUC1 expressing mouse tumours by intra-muscular injection of MUC1 cDNA requires functional CD8+ and CD4+ T cells but does not require the MUC1 tandem repeat domainTim Plunkett
Breast Cancer Biology Group, Cancer Research UK, 3rd Floor Thomas Guy House, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Int J Cancer 109:691-7. 2004..C57Bl/6xBALB/c hybrids were, however, well protected against both H2(d) and H2(b) expressing tumour challenge, emphasizing the importance of the host background...
- Update on the use of aromatase inhibitors in early-stage breast cancerGeorgios Kesisis
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Rickmansworth, Northwood, Middlesex, HA6 2RN, UK
Breast Cancer Res 11:211. 2009..This review provides updates on the clinical trials of aromatase inhibitors in early breast cancer and tries to provide practical clinical guidance on their optimal use...