Chris J Riddoch
Affiliation: Middlesex University
- Physical activity levels and patterns of 9- and 15-yr-old European childrenChris J Riddoch
Department of Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:86-92. 2004..Very limited physical activity data exist that have been collected from representative samples of children and even fewer data collected where physical activity has been measured using objective methods...
- Improving health through neighbourhood environmental change: are we speaking the same language? A qualitative study of views of different stakeholdersTanya Trayers
Department of Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Bristol, UK
J Public Health (Oxf) 28:49-55. 2006....
- Objective measurement of levels and patterns of physical activityChris J Riddoch
Sport and Exercise Science, School for Health, University of Bath, Bath, UK
Arch Dis Child 92:963-9. 2007..To measure the levels and patterns of physical activity, using accelerometers, of 11-year-old children participating in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC)...
- Objectively measured time spent sedentary is associated with insulin resistance independent of overall and central body fat in 9- to 10-year-old Portuguese childrenLuis B Sardinha
Faculty of Human Movement, Technical University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
Diabetes Care 31:569-75. 2008..We examined the independent relationships between objectively measured physical activity and insulin resistance in Portuguese children...
- Physical activity and childhood obesityChris Riddoch; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our results will inform the design of intervention studies and public health policies to prevent the development of obesity and CVD risk factors in children. ..