Michael A Mendall
- Abdominal adiposity is the main determinant of the C-reactive response to injury in subjects undergoing inguinal hernia repairSashidhar Irkulla
Croydon University Hospital, Mayday Rd, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 7YE, UK
J Inflamm (Lond) 10:5. 2013..abstract:..
- Is obesity a risk factor for Crohn's disease?Michael A Mendall
Mayday University Hospital, Croydon, UK
Dig Dis Sci 56:837-44. 2011..Obesity is associated with a proinflammatory state...
- Advanced age influences the dynamic changes in circulating C-reactive protein following injuryDavid J Pinato
Department of Medicine, Croydon University Hospital, Surrey, UK
J Clin Pathol 66:695-9. 2013..The influence of age on CRP dynamic changes following insult has, however, been poorly characterised...
- Bowel inflammation as measured by fecal calprotectin: a link between lifestyle factors and colorectal cancer riskAndrew Poullis
Mayday University Hospital, Thornton Heath, Surrey, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:279-84. 2004..Low-level asymptomatic bowel inflammation may be the link between lifestyle and the pathogenesis of CRC, and circulating proinflammatory cytokines may be part of the mechanism for this link...
- Effect of the CD14 promoter polymorphism on liver function tests and its association with alcohol and obesityAndrew P Poullis
Mayday University Hospital, Thornton Heath, Surrey, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:1317-22. 2003..To investigate the effect of the functional CD14 promoter polymorphism on serum liver function tests and abnormally elevated liver function tests in a general population sample...