M F McLoughlin
- Sub-clinical infection of farmed Atlantic salmon Salmo salar with salmonid alphavirus--a prospective longitudinal studyD A Graham
Veterinary Sciences Division, Stoney Road, Stormont, Belfast BT4 3SD, UK
Dis Aquat Organ 72:193-9. 2006..This is the first detailed report of sub-clinical infection and highlights the usefulness of longitudinal surveys and the detection of virus and antibodies as diagnostic and epidemiological tools...
- Virological, serological and histopathological evaluation of fish strain susceptibility to experimental infection with salmonid alphavirusM F McLoughlin
Aquatic Veterinary Services, 35 Cherryvalley Park, Belfast BT5 6PN, Northern Ireland
Dis Aquat Organ 72:125-33. 2006..These results, obtained using a challenge model, confirm that there are strain differences in the susceptibility to experimental SPDV infection in commercial farmed Atlantic salmon...
- Alphavirus infections in salmonids--a reviewM F McLoughlin
Aquatic Veterinary Services, 35 Cherryvalley Park, Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
J Fish Dis 30:511-31. 2007....
- Detection and antigenic characterization of salmonid alphavirus isolates from sera obtained from farmed Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar L., and farmed rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss (Walbaum)V A Jewhurst
Department of Veterinary Science, The Queen's University of Belfast, Veterinary Sciences Division, Stormont, Belfast, UK
J Fish Dis 27:143-9. 2004..A low level of antigenic variation was detected when these SAV isolates were investigated by indirect immunofluorescence using a panel of mAbs raised to reference SPDV and SDV isolates...
- Longitudinal serological surveys of Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar L., using a rapid immunoperoxidase-based neutralization assay for salmonid alphavirusD A Graham
Veterinary Sciences Division, Stormont, Belfast, UK
J Fish Dis 28:373-9. 2005..The results provide essential baseline information for the interpretation of SPDV VN serology results, and indicate that this methodology is suited to both the diagnosis and seroepidemiology of SPDV infections...
- A comparative study of marine salmonid alphavirus subtypes 1-6 using an experimental cohabitation challenge modelD A Graham
Veterinary Sciences Division, Agri food and Biosciences Institute of Northern Ireland, Stormont, Belfast, UK
J Fish Dis 34:273-86. 2011..These results demonstrate for the first time that shedding and transmission of virus may occur by both these routes and suggest that dispersal in these matrices should be included in any disease transmission models...
- A rapid immunoperoxidase-based virus neutralization assay for salmonid alphavirus used for a serological survey in Northern IrelandD A Graham
Veterinary Sciences Division, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development for Northern Ireland, Stormont, Belfast, UK
J Fish Dis 26:407-13. 2003..72 and 96.03% were, respectively, obtained (96.94% combined). When the modified assay was used to test 188 sera collected from wild salmonids in freshwater river systems in Northern Ireland, no positive results were recorded...
- First laboratory confirmation of salmonid alphavirus infection in Italy and SpainD A Graham
Veterinary Sciences Division (VSD, Agri-food and Biosciences Institute of Northern Ireland, Stormont, Belfast, Northern Ireland
J Fish Dis 30:569-72. 2007
- Aspects of the epizootiology of pancreas disease in farmed Atlantic salmon Salmo salar in IrelandT Crockford
Queen s University of Belfast, Department of Veterinary Sciences, Northern Ireland, UK
Dis Aquat Organ 36:113-9. 1999..28x + 59, SE of b 0.33). The mean length of a PD outbreak was 112 d (SE = 7.7, n = 37). There was no correlation between PD mortality rate and smolt input weight, initial stocking density and transfer mortality...
- Experimental infection of Atlantic salmon Salmo salar pre-smolts by i.p. injection with new Irish and Norwegian salmonid alphavirus (SAV) isolates: a comparative studyK E Christie
Intervet Norbio, Thormohlensgt 55, 5008, Bergen, Norway
Dis Aquat Organ 75:13-22. 2007..i. and occasionally thereafter. In contrast, viral RNA could still be detected in the heart tissue of fish from both groups for at least 140 d p.i...
- Pancreas disease in farmed Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar L., and rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss (Walbaum), in NorwayT Taksdal
National Veterinary Institute, and Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, N 0033 Oslo, Norway
J Fish Dis 30:545-58. 2007..Histochemical staining properties and electron microscopy of these cells are presented. SAV was identified by RT-PCR and neutralizing antibodies against SAV were detected in blood samples...
- Serological, virological and histopathological study of an outbreak of sleeping disease in farmed rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykissD A Graham
Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Veterinary Sciences Division, Stoney Road, Stormont, Belfast BT4 3SD, UK
Dis Aquat Organ 74:191-7. 2007..4 at Week 17. Histological lesions were first detected at Week 7 (pancreas only), before increasing in prevalence and severity to peak at Weeks 9 and 10. The majority of lesions were resolved by Week 15...