- Localisation of regions of intense pleasure response evoked by soccer goalsJohn McLean
The Sackler Institute of Psychobiological Research, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Glasgow, G51 4TF, UK
Psychiatry Res 171:33-43. 2009..This paradigm activates brain regions known to be involved in pleasure-processing networks. The structure of the paradigm allows the separation of anticipation from the pleasure stimulus and provides a paradigm devoid of decision-making...
- Early life socioeconomic status, chronic physiological stress and hippocampal N-acetyl aspartate concentrationsJohn McLean
Sackler Institute of Psychobiological Research, Institute of Health and Wellbeing University of Glasgow, Glasgow G51 4TF, Scotland, United Kingdom
Behav Brain Res 235:225-30. 2012..In this study, we investigated whether early life socioeconomic status is associated with changes in the hippocampus N-acetyl aspartate (NAA), using the non-invasive technique of magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS)...
- Socioeconomic status and the cerebellar grey matter volume. Data from a well-characterised population sampleJonathan Cavanagh
Sackler Institute of Psychobiological Research, Institute of Health and Wellbeing, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Cerebellum 12:882-91. 2013..These findings provide data on the relationship between socioeconomic deprivation and a brain region highly sensitive to environmental factors. ..
- Socioeconomic deprivation and cortical morphology: psychological, social, and biological determinants of ill health studyRajeev Krishnadas
Sackler Institute of Psychobiological Research, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Psychosom Med 75:616-23. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine the association between neighborhood-level deprivation and the morphology of cortical regions associated with language and executive control in adults...
- In vitro assessment of the Lenz effect on heart valve prostheses at 1.5 TMaria Benedicta Edwards
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
J Magn Reson Imaging 41:74-82. 2015..This study aims to determine, in vitro, the occurrence of Lenz forces on 9 heart valve prostheses at 1.5 T and assess the risk of impedance of valve function...