Iona M C Martin
- Rapid sequence-based identification of gonococcal transmission clusters in a large metropolitan areaIona M C Martin
Department of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Imperial College London, St Mary s Campus, London, United
J Infect Dis 189:1497-505. 2004....
- Changing epidemiologic profile of quinolone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae in LondonIona M C Martin
Department of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Imperial College London, St Mary s Campus, London, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 192:1191-5. 2005..In London, quinolone resistance is no longer associated with importation from areas of high prevalence and is spreading endemically in high-risk groups...
- Typing of Neisseria gonorrhoeae reveals rapid reinfection in rural South AfricaPrashini Moodley
Africa Centre for Health and Population Studies, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of Natal, Durban, South Africa
J Clin Microbiol 40:4567-70. 2002..The susceptibility to ciprofloxacin of all isolates makes the possibility of multiple strains in the patient unlikely. The diversity of the isolates within the pairs therefore suggests rapid reinfection within the partnerships...
- Increase of Neisseria gonorrhoeae ciprofloxacin resistance in France in 2001-2003Magid Herida
Institut de Veille Sanitaire Infectious Diseases Department, Saint Maurice, France
Sex Transm Dis 33:6-7. 2006
- Molecular epidemiology of recently emergent ciprofloxacin-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae in South AfricaPrashini Moodley
Department of Medical Microbiology, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of KwaZuluNatal, South Africa
Sex Transm Dis 33:357-60. 2006..In 2003, reports of clinical failure of gonorrhea following ciprofloxacin treatment prompted a clinic-based surveillance to detect the presence of resistant isolates...
- A comparison of two methods for the diagnosis of lymphogranuloma venereumSarah Alexander
Sexually Transmitted Bacteria Reference Laboratory, Health Protection Agency, Centre for Infections, 61 Colindale Ave, London NW9 5HT, UK
J Med Microbiol 57:962-5. 2008..In conclusion, the two methods for the detection of LGV from clinical samples were found not only to have a high concordance (94.7 %) but also to be complementary, and could be used in an integrated way to aid LGV detection...
- Epidemiological correlates of asymptomatic gonorrheaIvana Bozicevic
Public and Environmental Health Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Sex Transm Dis 33:289-95. 2006..To assess correlates of asymptomatic gonorrhea among patients attending Genitourinary Medicine Clinics participating in the Gonococcal Resistance to Antimicrobials Surveillance Programme (GRASP) in England for 2001-2003...
- The molecular diagnosis of lymphogranuloma venereum: evaluation of a real-time multiplex polymerase chain reaction test using rectal and urethral specimensCheng Yen Chen
Division of STD Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:451-5. 2007....
- Non-cultural detection and molecular genotyping of Neisseria gonorrhoeae from a piece of clothingIona M C Martin
Sexually Transmitted Bacteria Reference Laboratory, Health Protection Agency Centre for Infections, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5EQ, UK
J Med Microbiol 56:487-90. 2007..This is the first report of molecular detection and genotyping of N. gonorrhoeae on an article of clothing, which resulted in conviction of the man for sexual assault...