Martin K Rutter
Affiliation: Manchester Royal Infirmary
- The changing costs and benefits of screening for asymptomatic coronary heart disease in patients with diabetesMartin K Rutter
Diabetes and General Internal Medicine, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 3:26-35. 2007..Carefully conducted clinical trails using state-of-the-art investigations and therapy in well-characterized patients with diabetes are urgently required to inform physicians on when and how to intervene...
- Fasting glucose, obesity, and coronary artery calcification in community-based people without diabetesMartin K Rutter
University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Diabetes Care 35:1944-50. 2012..Our objective was to assess whether impaired fasting glucose (IFG) and obesity are independently related to coronary artery calcification (CAC) in a community-based population...
- Blood pressure, lipids and glucose in type 2 diabetes: how low should we go? Re-discovering personalized careMartin K Rutter
Cardiovascular Research Group, Core Technology Facility, School of Biomedicine, University of Manchester, 46 Grafton Street, Manchester, UK
Eur Heart J 32:2247-55. 2011....
- Use of alternative thresholds defining insulin resistance to predict incident type 2 diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular diseaseMartin K Rutter
Cardiovascular Research Group, Division of Cardiovascular and Endocrine Sciences, University of Manchester, and The Manchester Diabetes Centre, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, United Kingdom
Circulation 117:1003-9. 2008....
- Significance of silent ischemia and microalbuminuria in predicting coronary events in asymptomatic patients with type 2 diabetesMartin K Rutter
Department of Medicine, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:56-61. 2002....
- Enhanced External Counterpulsation for the relief of angina in patients with diabetes: safety, efficacy and 1-year clinical outcomesGeorgiann Linnemeier
HeartGen Center, Indianapolis, Ind, USA
Am Heart J 146:453-8. 2003..Enhanced external counterpulsation has recently emerged as a treatment option for select patients with chronic stable angina...
- C-reactive protein, the metabolic syndrome, and prediction of cardiovascular events in the Framingham Offspring StudyMartin K Rutter
Countess of Chester Hospital, Chester, UK
Circulation 110:380-5. 2004..Inflammation (assessed by C-reactive protein [CRP]) and the metabolic syndrome (MetS) are associated with cardiovascular disease (CVD), but population-based data are limited...
- Ischemia imaging and plaque imaging in diabetes: Complementary tools to improve cardiovascular risk management: Response to Raggi et alMartin K Rutter
Diabetes Care 29:1187; author reply 1188. 2006
- Impact of insulin resistance on risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in people with metabolic syndromeJames B Meigs
Harvard Medical School and the General Medicine Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Staniford St, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Diabetes Care 30:1219-25. 2007..Metabolic syndrome increases the risk for type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease (CVD) and may be associated with insulin resistance...