Adam P Fitzpatrick
Affiliation: Manchester Royal Infirmary
- Diagnosis and management of patients with blackoutsAdam P Fitzpatrick
Manchester Heart Centre, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Heart 92:559-68. 2006
- How to avoid a misdiagnosis in patients presenting with transient loss of consciousnessSanjiv Petkar
Manchester Heart Centre, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Postgrad Med J 82:630-41. 2006..Pathways for managing patients presenting with blackouts are suggested...
- Management of atrial arrhythmias 3: paroxysmal atrial fibrillationMark Earley
Manchester Heart Centre, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9WL
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 68:257-62. 2007..This article will deal with care pathways and management principles for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation...
- Simplified electrocardiogram sampling maintains high diagnostic capability for atrial fibrillation: implications for opportunistic atrial fibrillation screening in primary careJane C Caldwell
Manchester Heart Centre, Central Manchester University Foundation NHS Trust, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Europace 14:191-6. 2012..We hypothesized that a 6-lead frontal-plane ECG acquired from this apparatus in a seated, clothed patient would be as accurate at detecting AF as conventional 12-lead ECG in the undressed, supine patient (the 'gold standard')...
- Holter monitoring vs tilt testing in the investigation of suspected vasovagal syncopeAlan Fitchet
Department of Cardiology, Hope Hospital, Salford, United Kingdom
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:1523-7. 2003..Holter monitoring produces a low yield of clinically useful information in the investigation of suspected vasovagal syncope. An HUT test should be considered the primary investigation of choice in such patients...