- Enhanced recovery program for hip and knee replacement reduces death rateAjay Malviya
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, Tyne and Wear, UK
Acta Orthop 82:577-81. 2011..We hypothesized that this not only reduces the economic burden of joint replacement by reducing length of stay, but also helps in reduction of early complications...
- Is hip arthroscopy for femoroacetabular impingement only for athletes?Ajay Malviya
The Richard Villar Practice, Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Br J Sports Med 46:1016-8. 2012..The aim of this study was to compare the outcome of hip arthroscopy for femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) between athletes and non-athletes...
- Impact of arthroscopy of the hip for femoroacetabular impingement on quality of life at a mean follow-up of 3.2 yearsA Malviya
Wansbeck General Hospital, Woodhorn Road, Ashington, Northumberland NE63 9JJ, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:466-70. 2012..66; p < 0.001). One year after surgery the QoL scores in the 612 patients had improved in 469 (76.6%), remained unchanged in 88 (14.4%) and had deteriorated in 55 (9.0%)...
- What advantage is there to be gained using large modular metal-on-metal bearings in routine primary hip replacement? A preliminary report of a prospective randomised controlled trialA Malviya
Wansbeck General Hospital, Northumbria NHS Trust, Woodhorne Lane, Ashington NE63 9JJ, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:1602-9. 2011..The head-neck junction or excess stem micromotion are possibly the weak links warranting further research...
- Evidence for orthopaedic surgery in the treatment of metastatic bone disease of the extremities: a review articleAjay Malviya
Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Palliat Med 26:788-96. 2012....
- Functional outcome following aseptic single-stage revision knee arthroplastyAjay Malviya
Trauma and Orthopaedics, Wansbeck General Hospital, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust, Woodhorn Lane, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9JJ, UK
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 20:1994-2001. 2012..This study attempts to quantify the influence of constraint and various indications upon functional outcome following aseptic first-time revision knee arthroplasty...
- Have the media influenced the use of hip resurfacing arthroplasty? A review of UK print mediaA Malviya
Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, 81 Daylesford Drive, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1TW, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:432-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to look at the different claims made about hip resurfacing arthroplasty in the popular UK print media and how this relates to findings in the scientific literature...
- When do patient-reported assessments peak after revision knee arthroplasty?Ajay Malviya
Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:1728-34. 2012..Moreover, most reports of predictors include revisions for infection, which typically have a poorer outcome, or for other indications with variable outcome...
- Acute primary total knee arthroplasty for peri-articular knee fractures in patients over 65 years of ageAjay Malviya
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, NE63 9JJ, UK
Injury 42:1368-71. 2011..Analogous to arthroplasty for hip fractures, this technique should be considered as a treatment option in elderly peri-articular knee fractures with osteoporosis and/or osteoarthritis...
- The long-term outcome of hip replacement in adults with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: the influence of steroids and methotrexateA Malviya
Musculoskeletal Unit, Newcastle Hospitals NHS Trust, Freeman Hospital, High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7DN, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:443-8. 2011..9% at 19 years at the mean of covariates. Survival of the prosthesis was significantly poorer (p = 0.001) in patients who had been taking long-term corticosteroids and significantly better (p = 0.02) in patients on methotrexate...
- The impact of national guidelines for the prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism on the complications of arthroplasty of the lower limbS S Jameson
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Trust, Northumberland, England
J Bone Joint Surg Br 92:123-9. 2010..The early results in orthopaedic patients do not support these predictions, but do show an increase in complications...