- How old is this fracture? Radiologic dating of fractures in children: a systematic reviewIngrid Prosser
Department of Child Health, Cardiff University, Wales College of Medicine, Academic Centre, Llandough Hospital, Penarth CF64 2XX, Wales, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1282-6. 2005..There is an urgent need for research to validate the criteria used in the radiologic dating of fractures in children younger than 5 years...
- Diagnosing abuse: a systematic review of torn frenum and other intra-oral injuriesSabine Maguire
Department of Child Health, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Arch Dis Child 92:1113-7. 2007..A torn labial frenum is widely regarded as pathognomonic of abuse...
- A systematic review of the features that indicate intentional scalds in childrenS Maguire
Department of Child Health, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
Burns 34:1072-81. 2008..Most intentional burns are scalds, and distinguishing these from unintentional causes is challenging...
- Estimating the probability of abusive head trauma: a pooled analysisSabine Ann Maguire
Department of Child Health, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 128:e550-64. 2011..To determine which combinations of clinical features assist in distinguishing abusive head trauma (AHT) from nonabusive head trauma...
- Which clinical features distinguish inflicted from non-inflicted brain injury? A systematic reviewS Maguire
Child Health, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Arch Dis Child 94:860-7. 2009..A systematic review of the scientific literature to define clinical indicators distinguishing inflicted (iBI) from non-inflicted brain injury (niBI)...
- Retrieval of DNA from the faces of children aged 0-5 years: a technical noteSabine Maguire
Cardiff University, Wales College of Medicine, Department of Child Health Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
J Forensic Nurs 4:40-4. 2008..Additionally the results indicate that the DNA obtained is almost entirely that of the subject, with little nondonor DNA being observed...
- Which urgent care services do febrile children use and why?Sabine Maguire
Department of Child Health, Cardiff University School of Medicine, UHW Main Building, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Arch Dis Child 96:810-6. 2011....
- Which injuries may indicate child abuse?S Maguire
Department of Child Health, Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed 95:170-7. 2010..It will examine the pattern of accidental and abusive bruises, fractures, burns, abdominal injuries and oral injuries focusing on discriminating features and necessary investigations...
- Development and validation of a standardized tool for reporting retinal findings in abusive head traumaWai Siene Ng
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Wales, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Am J Ophthalmol 154:333-339.e5. 2012..To develop and validate a robust standardized reporting tool for describing retinal findings in children examined for suspected abusive head trauma...
- Patterns of skeletal fractures in child abuse: systematic reviewAlison M Kemp
Welsh Child Protection Systematic Review Group, Clinical Epidemiology Interdisciplinary Research Group, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, University Hospital of Wales Heath Park, Cardiff CF 2XX
BMJ 337:a1518. 2008....
- Newborn retinal hemorrhages: a systematic reviewPatrick Watts
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff, United Kingdom
J AAPOS 17:70-8. 2013..To systematically review the characteristics, prevalence, evolution, and obstetric associations of retinal hemorrhages (RH) in newborns...
- Does cardiopulmonary resuscitation cause rib fractures in children? A systematic reviewSabine Maguire
Department of Child Health, Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, Academic Centre, Llandough Hospital, Penarth CF64 2XX, UK
Child Abuse Negl 30:739-51. 2006..questions: (i) Does cardiopulmonary resuscitation cause rib fractures in children? (ii) If so, what are the frequency and characteristics of these fractures that may help to distinguish them from rib fractures caused by physical abuse?..
- Systematic reviews of bruising in relation to child abuse-what have we learnt: an overview of review updatesSabine Maguire
Early Years Research Programme, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
Evid Based Child Health 8:255-63. 2013..Dogma has long prevailed regarding the ageing of bruises, and whether certain patterns of bruising are suggestive or diagnostic of child abuse...
- A timetable for the radiologic features of fracture healing in young childrenIngrid Prosser
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, University Hospital of Wales, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 198:1014-20. 2012..Fracture dating significantly shapes decisions in child protection. With a dearth of primary evidence underpinning fracture dating in children, we examined the key radiologic features of fracture healing and their timelines...
- Which is the preferred image modality for paediatricians when assessing photographs of bruises in children?Zoe Lawson
Department of Primary Care and Public Health, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Neuadd Meirionydd, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Int J Legal Med 125:825-30. 2011..Further studies are required to determine the value of ultraviolet and infrared imaging in the assessment of childhood bruises...
- Real-time feedback can improve infant manikin cardiopulmonary resuscitation by up to 79%--a randomised controlled trialPhilip Martin
Institute of Medical Engineering and Medical Physics, Cardiff University, The Parade, Cardiff CF24 3AA, United Kingdom
Resuscitation 84:1125-30. 2013..European and Advanced Paediatric Life Support training courses...