Melissa J Maguire
- Music and its association with epileptic disordersMelissa Maguire
Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK Electronic address
Prog Brain Res 217:107-27. 2015..These clinical applications could aid the management of epilepsy and preservation of musical ability. ..
- Antidepressants for people with epilepsy and depressionMelissa J Maguire
Department of Neurology, Leeds General Infirmary, Great George Street, Leeds, UK
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD010682. 2014..This review aims to address these issues and inform clinical practice and future research...
- Otogenic pneumocephalus as a complication of multiple myelomaMelissa J Maguire
Department of Neurology, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, England
Ear Nose Throat J 91:E15-7. 2012..Prompt computed tomography and liaison between the otolaryngology and neurology teams may assist in making an early diagnosis and preventing life-threatening intracranial complications...
- Music and epilepsy: a critical reviewMelissa Jane Maguire
Department of Neurology, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, United Kingdom
Epilepsia 53:947-61. 2012..This potential risk may bring into question whether tests on musical perception and memory should form part of the preoperative neuropsychological workup for patients embarking on surgery, particularly that of the right temporal lobe...
- Acute mutism: a useful lessonMelissa Maguire
Department of Neurology, Sunderland Royal Hospital, Sunderland, UK
Emerg Med J 28:82-3. 2011..Recognition of this mode of presentation will aid early diagnosis and treatment...
- Prevalence of visual field loss following exposure to vigabatrin therapy: a systematic reviewMelissa J Maguire
Department of Neurological Science, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Epilepsia 51:2423-31. 2010..We report a systematic review ascertaining the magnitude of risk of vigabatrin associated visual field loss (VAVFL) and any clinical predictors of risk...