Ronald S MacWalter
- Recovery of hand function through mental practice: a study protocolMagdalena Ietswaart
School of Psychology and Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8ST, UK
BMC Neurol 6:39. 2006..Imagining hand movements could stimulate the redistribution of brain activity, which accompanies recovery of hand function, thus resulting in a reduced motor deficit...
- Does renal dysfunction predict mortality after acute stroke? A 7-year follow-up studyRonald S MacWalter
Department of Medicine, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, Scotland
Stroke 33:1630-5. 2002..The purpose of this study was to investigate renal function as a long-term predictor of mortality in patients hospitalized for acute stroke...
- A benefit-risk assessment of agents used in the secondary prevention of strokeRonald S MacWalter
The Stroke Study Centre, University Department of Medicine, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Drug Saf 25:943-63. 2002..The use of pharmacological agents available currently and in the future will be clarified and refined as further clinical trials report...
- Orlistat enhances warfarin effectRonald S MacWalter
Stroke Studies Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, Scotland
Ann Pharmacother 37:510-2. 2003..To report a case of increased international normalized ratio (INR) associated with the addition of orlistat to the drug regimen of a patient receiving warfarin therapy...
- Persistence, adherence and outcomes with antiplatelet regimens following cerebral infarction in the Tayside Stroke CohortRobert W V Flynn
Medicines Monitoring Unit, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
Cerebrovasc Dis 33:190-7. 2012..The objectives of this study were: (1) to describe postdischarge prescribing of antiplatelet regimens, (2) to measure patient persistence with different antiplatelet regimens, and (3) to measure whether persistence impacts on outcomes...
- Prescribing antiplatelet medicine and subsequent events after intracerebral hemorrhageRobert W V Flynn
University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
Stroke 41:2606-11. 2010..Many ICH patients have or will have indications for antiplatelet therapy. This observational study describes the level of antiplatelet prescribing and rate of subsequent events after ICH in Tayside, Scotland...
- A preliminary investigation into tooth care, dental attendance and oral health related quality of life in adult stroke survivors in Tayside, ScotlandRomana V Hunter
Unit of Restorative Dental Care and Clinical Dental Services, The Dental School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, Scotland
Gerodontology 23:140-8. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate patterns of oral care, dental attendance and oral health-related quality of life among adults who had suffered a stroke...