- Performance feedback of hand hygiene, using alcohol gel as the skin decontaminant, reduces the number of inpatients newly affected by MRSA and antibiotic costs
The Lister Hospital, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK
J Hosp Infect 56:56-63. 2004
..05), and in the use of teicoplanin, suggesting that performance feedback of hand hygiene reduces nosocomial MRSA infection rates and antibiotic use...
- No unique role for nausea attributed to eating a food in the recalled acquisition of sensory aversion for that food
R C Knibb
Nutritional Psychology Research Group, University of Birmingham, UK
Appetite 36:225-34. 2001
- Do supervised colorectal trainees differ from consultants in terms of quality of TME surgery?
Academic Surgical Unit, University of Hull, Castle Hill Hospital, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, UK
Colorectal Dis 8:790-4. 2006
..We aimed to determine whether quality of excision undertaken by colorectal trainees under supervision was comparable with that performed by consultants, as measured using mesorectal grades...
- Prospective analysis of stoma-related complications
Department of Surgery, Monklands Hospital, Airdrie, UK
Colorectal Dis 7:279-85. 2005
..The aim of this audit was to examine prospectively whether there was any difference in the complication rates at different time-points during the postoperative follow up period...
- Care homes and dementia
Aging Ment Health 9:91-2. 2005
- Thirty-day mortality from colorectal cancer surgery within a deprived population
Department of Surgery, Monklands District General Hospital, Aidrie, UK
Colorectal Dis 7:193-5. 2005
..Deprivation category was not one of the data sets used in predicting mortality and was not included in formulating this model. We wished to assess if the model was applicable to a population with high deprivation category scores...
- Home enteral feeding audit
Department of Dietetics, Birmingham Children s Hospital, Birmingham, B4 6NH, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 17:537-42. 2004
- Is breast best? Is early solid feeding harmful?
Dietetic Department, Children s Hospital, Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham B4 6NH, England
J R Soc Promot Health 123:169-74. 2003
..However, in the UK breastfeeding prevalence is low and solids are introduced early for the majority of infants and much can be done to positively encourage and support all mothers to continue breastfeeding for a longer period...
- Functional characterization of alpha1-adrenoceptor subtypes in human subcutaneous resistance arteries
Y P Jarajapu
Vascular Assessment Unit, School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 299:729-34. 2001
..The physiological role of this subtype in the maintenance of peripheral arterial resistance is yet to be confirmed...
- The birth of a specialty: the first ten thousand patients of an old age psychiatry service
Institute of Psychiatry, London, U K
Int Psychogeriatr 19:53-63. 2007
..There are few accounts of referrals to old age psychiatry services and no quantitative accounts of the referral patterns to such teams. We report on the first 10,000 patients newly referred to the first such service in the world...