Affiliation: Loughborough University
- Rationale, design and baseline data from the Pre-diabetes Risk Education and Physical Activity Recommendation and Encouragement (PREPARE) programme study: a randomized controlled trialThomas Yates
School of Sports and Exercise Sciences, Loughborough University, UK
Patient Educ Couns 73:264-71. 2008..This paper outlines the rationale, design and baseline data from the PREPARE programme study...
- The role of physical activity in the management of impaired glucose tolerance: a systematic reviewT Yates
School of Sports and Exercise Sciences, Loughborough University, Ashby Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, UK
Diabetologia 50:1116-26. 2007..These results indicate that the contribution of physical activity independent of dietary or weight loss changes to the prevention of type 2 diabetes in people with prediabetes is equivocal...
- Walking and inflammatory markers in individuals screened for type 2 diabetesThomas Yates
School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Loughborough University, Ashby Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3TU, UK
Prev Med 47:417-21. 2008..To investigate the association of walking activity with inflammatory markers and fasting insulin in a bi-ethnic population screened for type 2 diabetes in Leicester, United Kingdom, between 2005 and 2006...
- Methods of Measurement in epidemiology: sedentary BehaviourAndrew J Atkin
British Heart Foundation National Centre for Physical Activity and Health, School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences, Loughborough University, Loughborough, UK
Int J Epidemiol 41:1460-71. 2012..Research examining sedentary behaviour as a potentially independent risk factor for chronic disease morbidity and mortality has expanded rapidly in recent years...
- Rationale and study design for a randomised controlled trial to reduce sedentary time in adults at risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus: project stand (Sedentary Time ANd diabetes)Emma G Wilmot
Diabetes Research, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE1 5WW, UK
BMC Public Health 11:908. 2011..Project STAND (Sedentary Time ANd Diabetes) is a study which aims to reduce sedentary behaviour in younger adults at high risk of T2DM...