Affiliation: Loughborough University
- Rationale, design and baseline data from the Pre-diabetes Risk Education and Physical Activity Recommendation and Encouragement (PREPARE) programme study: a randomized controlled trialThomas Yates
School of Sports and Exercise Sciences, Loughborough University, UK
Patient Educ Couns 73:264-71. 2008..This paper outlines the rationale, design and baseline data from the PREPARE programme study...
- The role of physical activity in the management of impaired glucose tolerance: a systematic reviewT Yates
School of Sports and Exercise Sciences, Loughborough University, Ashby Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, UK
Diabetologia 50:1116-26. 2007..These results indicate that the contribution of physical activity independent of dietary or weight loss changes to the prevention of type 2 diabetes in people with prediabetes is equivocal...
- Walking and inflammatory markers in individuals screened for type 2 diabetesThomas Yates
School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Loughborough University, Ashby Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3TU, UK
Prev Med 47:417-21. 2008..To investigate the association of walking activity with inflammatory markers and fasting insulin in a bi-ethnic population screened for type 2 diabetes in Leicester, United Kingdom, between 2005 and 2006...
- The association between neighbourhood greenspace and type 2 diabetes in a large cross-sectional studyDanielle H Bodicoat
University of Leicester, Diabetes Research Centre, Leicester Diabetes Centre, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, Leicestershire, UK
BMJ Open 4:e006076. 2014..To investigate the relationship between neighbourhood greenspace and type 2 diabetes...
- Adverse responses and physical activity: secondary analysis of the PREPARE trialThomas Yates
1Diabetes Research Centre, University of Leicester, Leicester, England, UNITED KINGDOM 2NIHR Leicester Loughborough Diet, Lifestyle and Physical Activity, Biomedical Research Unit, Leicester and Loughborough, UNITED KINGDOM 3Leicester Clinical Trials Unit, University of Leicester, Leicester, England, UNITED KINGDOM and 4School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences, Loughborough University, Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
Med Sci Sports Exerc 46:1617-23. 2014..We use secondary analysis of a randomized controlled trial to investigate rates of adverse metabolic responses in a population at high risk of type 2 diabetes...
- Sedentary time and markers of chronic low-grade inflammation in a high risk populationJoseph Henson
National Institute for Health Research NIHR Leicester Loughborough Diet, Lifestyle and Physical Activity Biomedical Research Unit, Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom Diabetes Research Centre, College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology, University of Leicester, Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e78350. 2013..This study aimed to investigate the association of objectively measured sedentary time and breaks in sedentary time with markers of chronic low-grade inflammation and adiposity in a population at a high risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Methods of Measurement in epidemiology: sedentary BehaviourAndrew J Atkin
British Heart Foundation National Centre for Physical Activity and Health, School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences, Loughborough University, Loughborough, UK
Int J Epidemiol 41:1460-71. 2012..Research examining sedentary behaviour as a potentially independent risk factor for chronic disease morbidity and mortality has expanded rapidly in recent years...
- Rationale and study design for a randomised controlled trial to reduce sedentary time in adults at risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus: project stand (Sedentary Time ANd diabetes)Emma G Wilmot
Diabetes Research, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE1 5WW, UK
BMC Public Health 11:908. 2011..Project STAND (Sedentary Time ANd Diabetes) is a study which aims to reduce sedentary behaviour in younger adults at high risk of T2DM...