Affiliation: Loughborough University
- Cognitive behaviour therapy response and dropout rate across purging and nonpurging bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder: DSM-5 implicationsZaida Aguera
CIBER Fisiopatologia de la Obesidad y Nutricion CIBEROBN, Instituto Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
BMC Psychiatry 13:285. 2013..Therefore, the aims of this study were to determine differences in treatment response and dropout rates following Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) across the three bulimic-spectrum syndromes...
- Treatment outcome of patients with comorbid type 1 diabetes and eating disordersNúria Custal
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital of Bellvitge IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Psychiatry 14:140. 2014....
- The role of interpersonal functioning in the maintenance of eating psychopathology: a systematic review and testable modelJon Arcelus
Loughborough University Centre for Research into Eating Disorders, School of Sport, Exercise and Health Science, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, UK
Clin Psychol Rev 33:156-67. 2013..These concepts are presented in a preliminary model of interpersonal functioning in the eating disorders...
- A brief form of interpersonal psychotherapy for adult patients with bulimic disorders: a pilot studyJon Arcelus
Leicester Eating Disorders Service, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, Leicester, UK
Eur Eat Disord Rev 20:326-30. 2012..The aim of the study was to pilot a brief form of interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT) for the treatment of patients with bulimic disorders...
- Mortality rates in patients with anorexia nervosa and other eating disorders. A meta-analysis of 36 studiesJon Arcelus
Loughborough University Centre for Research into Eating Disorders, Loughborough University England
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:724-31. 2011..Morbidity and mortality rates in patients with eating disorders are thought to be high, but exact rates remain to be clarified...
- Attitudes towards emotional expression mediate the relationship between childhood invalidation and adult eating concernMichelle Haslam
Loughborough University Centre for Research into Eating Disorders, School of Sport, Exercise and Health Science, UK
Eur Eat Disord Rev 20:510-4. 2012....
- A case series evaluation of a modified version of interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT) for the treatment of bulimic eating disorders: a pilot studyJon Arcelus
Eating Disorders Service, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, UK
Eur Eat Disord Rev 17:260-8. 2009..To determine the therapeutic outcome of a modified form of (IPT-BNm) amongst patients with Bulimia Nervosa (BN) and Eating Disorders Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS)...
- Prevalence of eating disorders amongst dancers: a systemic review and meta-analysisJon Arcelus
Loughborough University Centre for Research into Eating Disorders LUCRED, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, UK Eating Disorders Service, Leicester Partnership Trust, Bennion Centre, Leicester Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
Eur Eat Disord Rev 22:92-101. 2014..The study concluded that as dancers had a three times higher risk of suffering from eating disorders, particularly anorexia nervosa and EDNOS, specifically designed services for this population should be considered...
- Accuracy of self-reported weight and height among women with eating disorders: a replication and extension studyCaroline Meyer
Department of Human Sciences, Loughborough University Centre for Research into Eating Disorders, Loughborough University, Loughborough, UK
Eur Eat Disord Rev 17:366-70. 2009....
- Changes in alcohol intake in response to transdiagnostic cognitive behaviour therapy for eating disordersMatislava KaraÄiÄ‡
Eating Disorders Service, Brandon Unit, Leicester General Hospital, UK
Behav Res Ther 49:573-7. 2011..Additionally, the paper considers the relationship between alcohol consumption, eating disorder diagnosis and current major depressive episode at the time of first assessment...
- Mealtimes on eating disorder wards: a two-study investigationStacey Long
University Centre for Research into Eating Disorders, Brockington Building Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3TU, UK
Int J Eat Disord 45:241-6. 2012..First, to assess the current mealtime practices within UK eating disorders units. Second, to investigate staff perspectives of these mealtimes, including their involvement and understanding of patients' experience...
- Clinical normative data for eating disorder examination questionnaire and eating disorder inventory for DSM-5 feeding and eating disorder classifications: a retrospective study of patients formerly diagnosed via DSM-IVNicola Brewin
Leicestershire Eating Disorder Service, Bennion Centre, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
Eur Eat Disord Rev 22:299-305. 2014..The norms detailed contribute to improving the accuracy with which scores are interpreted when using DSM-5 and aid with the assessment of clinically significant change following treatment...
- Micrographia and hypophonia in anorexia nervosaMurali Krishnan Sekar
Eating Disorder Services, Brandon Mental Health Unit, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, LE5 4PW, United Kingdom
Int J Eat Disord 43:762-5. 2010..The patient also suffered from epilepsy. The onset of these symptoms, progress, and current status provides scope for discussing both the possible biological and psychodynamic etiology for these symptoms in this young woman...