Marcantonio M Spada
Affiliation: London South Bank University
- Desire thinking: A risk factor for binge eating?Marcantonio M Spada
School of Applied Sciences, London South Bank University, London, UK Electronic address
Eat Behav 18:48-53. 2015..These results highlight the possible role of desire thinking as a risk factor for binge eating. ..
- Metacognition in addictive behaviorsMarcantonio M Spada
London South Bank University, London, UK Electronic address
Addict Behav 44:9-15. 2015..The S-REF model proposes that psychological distress persists because of unhelpful coping styles (e.g. extended thinking and thought suppression) which are activated and maintained as a result of metacognitive beliefs...
- An overview of problematic internet useMarcantonio M Spada
London South Bank University, UK North East London NHS Foundation Trust, UK Electronic address
Addict Behav 39:3-6. 2014....
- Parental overprotection and metacognitions as predictors of worry and anxietyMarcantonio M Spada
London South Bank University and North East London NHS Foundation Trust, UK
Behav Cogn Psychother 40:287-96. 2012....
- Metacognitions and negative emotions as predictors of symptom severity in chronic fatigue syndromeLorraine Maher-Edwards
Fatigue Service, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
J Psychosom Res 70:311-7. 2011..This study investigated the relationship among metacognitions, negative emotions, and symptom severity in CFS...
- The effect of rumination on craving across the continuum of drinking behaviourGabriele Caselli
London South Bank University, London, UK Studi Cognitivi Cognitive Psychotherapy School, Milano, Italy Electronic address
Addict Behav 38:2879-83. 2013..Recent studies have suggested the role of rumination as direct or indirect cognitive predictor of craving experience in alcohol-related problems...
- Metacognitions in problem gamblingAnnika Lindberg
National Gambling Clinic, Soho Centre for Health, London, UK
J Gambl Stud 27:73-81. 2011..These findings are consistent with the hypothesis that metacognitions play a role in problem gambling...
- Desire thinking across the continuum of drinking behaviourGabriele Caselli
London South Bank University, London, UK
Eur Addict Res 18:64-9. 2012..The goal of this research project was to explore the role of desire thinking across the continuum of drinking behaviour...
- A triphasic metacognitive formulation of problem drinkingMarcantonio M Spada
Department of Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, London South Bank University, London, UK North East London NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Clin Psychol Psychother 20:494-500. 2013..Intermittent attempts to suppress alcohol-related thoughts increase the likelihood of returning to use alcohol as a means of achieving self-regulation...
- Metacognitive factors in chronic fatigue syndromeLorraine Maher-Edwards
Fatigue Service, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Clin Psychol Psychother 19:552-7. 2012..Advantages to these strategies included symptom management, whereas disadvantages included an escalation of negative affect. The present findings provide preliminary evidence that specific metacognitive factors may be involved in CFS...
- The effect of desire thinking on craving: an experimental investigationGabriele Caselli
Department of Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, London South Bank University, London, England
Psychol Addict Behav 27:301-6. 2013..Both distraction and verbal reasoning inductions did not lead to a significant change in craving. Desire thinking impacts craving and is a risk factor for craving-related problems...
- The Desire Thinking Questionnaire: development and psychometric propertiesGabriele Caselli
London South Bank University, UK
Addict Behav 36:1061-7. 2011..This self-report measure may aid future research into desire thinking and craving, as well as facilitate assessment and case formulation within the context of addictive, eating and impulse control disorders...
- Metacognitions as a predictor of drinking status and level of alcohol use following CBT in problem drinkers: a prospective studyMarcantonio M Spada
School of Human and Life Sciences, Roehampton University, Whitelands College, London, UK
Behav Res Ther 47:882-6. 2009..Given that metacognitions are a possible risk factor for drinking status and level of weekly alcohol use it is suggested that treatment for problem drinking could target this variable...
- A metacognitive model of problem drinkingMarcantonio M Spada
Roehampton University, London, UK
Clin Psychol Psychother 16:383-93. 2009..Results of this analysis indicated a good model fit consistent with predictions. The conceptual and clinical implications of these data are discussed...
- A systematic review of treatments for Impulse Control Disorders and related behaviours in Parkinson's diseasePuja Tanwani
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Psychology, London, UK
Psychiatry Res 225:402-6. 2015..In addition, the use of a validated outcome measures should be implemented in future research efforts. ..