Affiliation: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- "The law was actually drafted by us but the Government is to be congratulated on its wise actions": British American Tobacco and public policy in KenyaPreeti Patel
Centre on Global Change and Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Tob Control 16:e1. 2007..Analysis of recent tobacco control debates and a case study of BAT's response to the emergence of competition in Kenya are used to explore the company's ability to shape public policy and its treatment of tobacco farmers...
- Climate change, conflict and healthEgbert Sondorp
Health Policy Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 97:139-40. 2003..However, there is insufficient evidence that climate change, e.g. through environmental degradation or fresh water shortages, leads to conflict as is often claimed. Also, current theory on cause of conflict would refute this hypothesis...
- The national security implications of HIV/AIDSHarley Feldbaum
Centre on Global Change and Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 3:e171. 2006
- Global health and national security: the need for critical engagementHarley Feldbaum
Centre on Global Change and Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Med Confl Surviv 22:192-8. 2006..The global health community should carefully scrutinise areas where global health and national security interests overlap...
- Civil society organisations and global health initiatives: problems of legitimacyCathal Doyle
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, PEHRU, 9 Bedford Square, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Soc Sci Med 66:1928-38. 2008..It analyses the main challenges to CSOs' legitimacy and outlines key responses to these challenges. It concludes by suggesting a number of research priorities that might help to evaluate the impact of CSOs in global health initiatives...
- The role of health services in conflict-ridden countriesEgbert Sondorp
J Health Serv Res Policy 9:4-5. 2004
- HIV/AIDS, peacekeeping and conflict crises in AfricaPaolo Tripodi
Marine Corps University, Quantico, VA 22134, USA
Med Confl Surviv 20:195-208. 2004..Possible recommendations on how to tackle HIV/AIDS prevention efforts with the aid of peacekeepers are offered...