Richard J Lessells
Affiliation: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Impact of a novel molecular TB diagnostic system in patients at high risk of TB mortality in rural South Africa (Uchwepheshe): study protocol for a cluster randomised trialRichard J Lessells
Department of Clinical Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Trials 14:170. 2013..We present a cluster randomised trial designed to evaluate whether the positioning of this diagnostic system within the health system has an impact on important patient-level outcomes...
- Evaluation of tuberculosis diagnostics: establishing an evidence base around the public health impactRichard J Lessells
Department of Clinical Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
J Infect Dis 204:S1187-95. 2011..The urgent need for new diagnostics should not distract from pursuing rigorous scientific evaluation focused on public health impact...
- Reduction in early mortality on antiretroviral therapy for adults in rural South Africa since change in CD4+ cell count eligibility criteriaRichard J Lessells
Africa Centre for Health and Population Studies, University of KwaZulu Natal, Somkhele, South Africa Department of Clinical Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom Department of Infection and Population Health, University College London, London, United Kingdom The Brighton Doctoral College, Brighton and Sussex Medical School, United Kingdom and University College London Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 65:e17-24. 2014..To explore the impact of expanded eligibility criteria for antiretroviral therapy (ART) on median CD4⁺ cell count at ART initiation and early mortality on ART...
- International spread of MDR TB from Tugela Ferry, South AfricaGraham S Cooke
Imperial College, London, UK
Emerg Infect Dis 17:2035-7. 2011..This case underscores the international relevance of this regional epidemic, particularly among health care workers...
- Disengagement from care in a decentralised primary health care antiretroviral treatment programme: cohort study in rural South AfricaPortia C Mutevedzi
Africa Centre for Health and Population Studies, University of KwaZulu Natal, Somkhele, South Africa
Trop Med Int Health 18:934-41. 2013..To determine rates of, and factors associated with, disengagement from care in a decentralised antiretroviral programme...