Affiliation: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Health related quality of life in survivors of pneumococcal meningitisRosa Legood
Health Services Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London, UK
Acta Paediatr 98:543-7. 2009..To estimate the overall long-term health related quality of life implications of an episode of pneumococcal meningitis in childhood...
- Cost effectiveness of human papillomavirus test of cure after treatment for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia in England: economic analysis from NHS Sentinel Sites StudyRosa Legood
Health Services Research and Policy Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1 9HS, UK
BMJ 345:e7086. 2012..To evaluate the cost effectiveness of human papillomavirus testing after treatment for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN)...
- Cost and logistics of alternative roll-out options for implementing human papillomavirus testing as a triage in cervical screening: results of the sentinel sites studyR Legood
Department of Health Services Research and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 15 17 Tavistock Place, London WC1H 9SH, UK
Br J Cancer 107:1574-9. 2012..Previous studies have indicated that human papillomavirus (HPV) testing as a triage for managing equivocal cytology is cost-effective. The aim of this study was to assess the costs of alternative roll-out options...
- Evaluation of primary HPV-DNA testing in relation to visual inspection methods for cervical cancer screening in rural China: an epidemiologic and cost-effectiveness modelling studyJu Fang Shi
Department of Cancer Epidemiology, Cancer Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, 17, South Panjiayuan LN, PO Box 2258, Beijing 100021, China
BMC Cancer 11:239. 2011..A new lower-cost rapid-throughput human papillomavirus (HPV) test (careHPV, Qiagen, Gaithersburg, USA) has been shown to have high sensitivity for the detection of high grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia...
- From cost-effectiveness information to decision-making on liquid-based cytology: Mind the gapRosa Legood
Health Services Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, United Kingdom
Health Policy 89:193-200. 2009..We use the decision to implement a new technology for cervical cancer screening (liquid-based cytology) in England as a case study...
- Long-term outcomes of pneumococcal meningitis in childhood and adolescenceDeborah Christie
General and Adolescent Paediatrics Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Eur J Pediatr 170:997-1006. 2011..Conclusions Pneumococcal meningitis is associated with major sequelae. Our findings strongly support the introduction of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine as part of routine childhood vaccination programmes internationally...
- Cervical cancer screening among HIV-infected women: an economic evaluation in a middle-income countryTazio Vanni
Department of Health Services Research and Policy, Faculty of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 131:E96-104. 2012..The results reflect the synergic effect of using a highly sensitive screening test (HPV DNA test) in sequence with a highly specific test (cytology)...
- Economic modelling assessment of the HPV quadrivalent vaccine in Brazil: a dynamic individual-based approachTazio Vanni
Faculty of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Vaccine 30:4866-71. 2012..Price negotiations between governments and manufacturers will be paramount in determining that the vaccine not only represents good value for money, but is also affordable in middle-income countries like Brazil...
- Calibrating models in economic evaluation: a seven-step approachTazio Vanni
Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Pharmacoeconomics 29:35-49. 2011..In order to avoid the scepticism regarding calibration, we ought to unify the way we approach the problems and report the methods used, and continue to investigate different methods...
- Economic evaluation of strategies for managing women with equivocal cytological results in BrazilTazio Vanni
Department of Health Service Research and Policy, Faculty of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 129:671-9. 2011..In conclusion, our results indicate that in middle income settings HPV triage is likely to be the optimal strategy for managing women presenting with ASC-US results...
- Cost effectiveness of seasonal intermittent preventive treatment using amodiaquine & artesunate or sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine in Ghanaian childrenLesong Conteh
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e12223. 2010..It is important to determine the costs associated with IPTc delivery via community based volunteers and also the potential savings to health care providers and caretakers due to malaria episodes averted as a consequence of IPTc...