Affiliation: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Effects of high summer temperatures on mortality in 50 Spanish citiesAurelio Tobias
Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research IDAEA, Spanish Council for Scientific Research CSIC, C Jordi Girona 18 26, Barcelona 08031, Spain
Environ Health 13:48. 2014..How these specifics depend on climatic and other characteristics of cities is not well understood. We assess summer temperature-mortality relationships using data from 50 provincial capitals in Spain, during the period 1990-2004...
- The effects of ambient temperature on cerebrovascular mortality: an epidemiologic study in four climatic zones in ChinaYanshen Zhang
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Environ Health 13:24. 2014..Little evidence is available about the association between temperature and cerebrovascular mortality in China. This study aims to examine the effects of ambient temperature on cerebrovascular mortality in different climatic zones in China...
- Extreme ambient temperatures and cardiorespiratory emergency room visits: assessing risk by comorbid health conditions in a time series studyEric Lavigne
Environmental Issues Division, Public Health Agency of Canada, Ottawa, Canada
Environ Health 13:5. 2014..Extreme ambient temperatures are an increasing public health concern. The aim of this study was to assess if persons with comorbid health conditions were at increased risk of adverse cardiorespiratory morbidity during temperature extremes...
- Attributable risk from distributed lag modelsAntonio Gasparrini
Department Medical Statistics, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, WC1E 7HT, London, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 14:55. 2014....
- Multivariate meta-analysis for non-linear and other multi-parameter associationsA Gasparrini
Department of Medical Statistics, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Stat Med 31:3821-39. 2012..Multivariate meta-analysis represents a useful analytical tool for studying complex associations through a two-stage procedure...
- Mortality on extreme heat days using official thresholds in Spain: a multi-city time series analysisAurelio Tobias
Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research IDAEA, Spanish Council for Scientific Research CSIC, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Public Health 12:133. 2012....
- The effect of high temperatures on cause-specific mortality in England and WalesAntonio Gasparrini
Department of Social and Environmental Health Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 15 17 Tavistock Place, London WC1H 9SH, UK
Occup Environ Med 69:56-61. 2012..However, estimates on more specific mortality outcomes are sparse, and frequently assessed in studies using different analytical methods...
- The impact of heat waves on mortalityAntonio Gasparrini
Department of Social and Environmental Health Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Epidemiology 22:68-73. 2011..Heat waves have been linked with an increase in mortality, but the associated risk has been only partly characterized...
- Distributed lag non-linear modelsA Gasparrini
Public Health and Policy Department, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London W1C 7HT, U K
Stat Med 29:2224-34. 2010....
- On the relationship between smoking bans and incidence of acute myocardial infarctionAntonio Gasparrini
Public and Environmental Health Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, WC1E 7HT, UK
Eur J Epidemiol 24:597-602. 2009..Several arguments which are put forward to inspect the causal relation between smoking bans and AMI indicate that the plausible effects could be lower than the estimates reported so far...
- Prediction of mesothelioma and lung cancer in a cohort of asbestos exposed workersAntonio Gasparrini
Public and Environmental Health Research Unit PEHRU, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Eur J Epidemiol 23:541-6. 2008..Several papers have reported state-wide projections of mesothelioma deaths, but few have computed these predictions in selected exposed groups...