Alan D Dangour
Affiliation: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Dangour A, Dodhia S, Hayter A, Allen E, Lock K, Uauy R. Nutritional quality of organic foods: a systematic review. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;90:680-5 pubmed publisher..The small differences in nutrient content detected are biologically plausible and mostly relate to differences in production methods. ..
- Dangour A, Hill H, Ismail S. Height, weight and haemoglobin status of 6 to 59-month-old Kazakh children living in Kzyl-Orda region, Kazakhstan. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2002;56:1030-8 pubmed..Funding was provided by the United States Agency for International Development, Office of Nutrition, the United Kingdom Department for International Development, and the Polden-Puckham Trust. ..
- Dangour A, Green R, Häsler B, Rushton J, Shankar B, Waage J. Linking agriculture and health in low- and middle-income countries: an interdisciplinary research agenda. Proc Nutr Soc. 2012;71:222-8 pubmed publisher..The first challenge in doing this, we suggest, is to improve our capacity to measure the impact of agricultural interventions on health outcomes, and vice versa. ..
- Dangour A, Allen E, Clarke R, Elbourne D, Fletcher A, Letley L, et al. Effects of vitamin B-12 supplementation on neurologic and cognitive function in older people: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2015;102:639-47 pubmed publisher..This trial was registered at www.isrctn.com as ISRCTN54195799. ..
- Morgan E, Vatucawaqa P, Snowdon W, Worsley A, Dangour A, Lock K. Factors influencing fruit and vegetable intake among urban Fijians: A qualitative study. Appetite. 2016;101:114-8 pubmed publisher..The findings indicate that efforts to improve fruit and vegetable intake in urban Fijians should target the stability of the domestic fruit and vegetable supply and access. ..
- Miles L, Allen E, Mills K, Clarke R, Uauy R, Dangour A. Vitamin B-12 status and neurologic function in older people: a cross-sectional analysis of baseline trial data from the Older People and Enhanced Neurological Function (OPEN) study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2016;104:790-6 pubmed publisher..The results of this study are unlikely to be generalizable to a less healthy older population with more severe vitamin B-12 deficiency. This trial was registered at www.controlled-trials.com as ISRCTN54195799. ..
- Walker D, Aedo C, Albala C, Allen E, Dangour A, Elbourne D, et al. Methods for economic evaluation of a factorial-design cluster randomised controlled trial of a nutrition supplement and an exercise programme among healthy older people living in Santiago, Chile: the CENEX study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2009;9:85 pubmed publisher..The protocol described here indicates our intent to conduct an economic evaluation alongside the CENEX study. It provides a detailed and transparent statement of planned data collection methods and analyses. ISRCTN48153354. ..
- Myers S, Smith M, Guth S, Golden C, Vaitla B, Mueller N, et al. Climate Change and Global Food Systems: Potential Impacts on Food Security and Undernutrition. Annu Rev Public Health. 2017;38:259-277 pubmed publisher..In this article, we review the main pathways by which climate change may affect our food production systems-agriculture, fisheries, and livestock-as well as the socioeconomic forces that may influence equitable distribution. ..