F T Cutts
Affiliation: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Measles elimination: progress, challenges and implications for rubella controlFelicity T Cutts
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine Keppel St, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Expert Rev Vaccines 12:917-32. 2013..Countries and regions aiming to eliminate measles and control rubella urgently need to improve the implementation and monitoring of both routine and mass vaccination campaign strategies. ..
- Measuring coverage in MNCH: design, implementation, and interpretation challenges associated with tracking vaccination coverage using household surveysFelicity T Cutts
Independent Consultant, La Londe les Maures, France
PLoS Med 10:e1001404. 2013..To improve vaccination coverage estimates based on surveys, we recommend that recording tools and practices should be improved and that surveys should incorporate best practices for design, implementation, and analysis...
- Seasonality and outbreak of a predominant Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype 1 clone from The Gambia: expansion of ST217 hypervirulent clonal complex in West AfricaMartin Antonio
Bacterial Diseases Programme, Medical Research Council Laboratories, Banjul, The Gambia
BMC Microbiol 8:198. 2008..This study compares the molecular epidemiology of S. pneumoniae serotype 1 causing invasive disease in The Gambia between 1996 and 2005 to those carried in the nasopharynx between 2004 and 2006...
- Molecular epidemiology of pneumococci obtained from Gambian children aged 2-29 months with invasive pneumococcal disease during a trial of a 9-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccineMartin Antonio
Medical Research Council Laboratories, Banjul, The Gambia
BMC Infect Dis 8:81. 2008..The study describes the molecular epidemiology of Streptococcus pneumoniae causing invasive disease in Gambian children..
- Caution--mortality ratios aheadF T Cutts
Medical Research Council Laboratories, Banjul, Gambia
Lancet 361:2169-70. 2003
- Human papillomavirus and HPV vaccines: a reviewF T Cutts
Initiative for Vaccine Research, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 85:719-26. 2007..Tiered pricing for HPV vaccines, innovative financing mechanisms and multidisciplinary partnerships will be essential in order for the vaccines to reach populations in greatest need...
- Immunogenicity and serotype-specific efficacy of a 9-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV-9) determined during an efficacy trial in The GambiaM Saaka
Medical Research Council Laboratories, Fajara, Banjul, Gambia
Vaccine 26:3719-26. 2008..3 microg/ml (95% CI: 1.0, 5.0). The PCV-9 studied was immunogenic in a Gambian population where it was also found to be efficacious...
- Modelling the incidence of congenital rubella syndrome in developing countriesF T Cutts
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
Int J Epidemiol 28:1176-84. 1999..Data on the burden of congenital rubella syndrome are important to guide rubella vaccination policies...
- Measles elimination: progress and challengesF T Cutts
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London, UK
Vaccine 17:S47-52. 1999....
- Control of rubella and congenital rubella syndrome (CRS) in developing countries, Part 2: Vaccination against rubellaS E Robertson
Global Programme for Vaccines and Immunization, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 75:69-80. 1997..Countries using rubella vaccine need to establish surveillance for rubella and CRS and monitor coverage in each of the target groups...
- Efficacy of nine-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine against pneumonia and invasive pneumococcal disease in The Gambia: randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialF T Cutts
Medical Research Council Laboratories, Banjul, The Gambia
Lancet 365:1139-46. 2005..Pneumonia is estimated to cause 2 million deaths every year in children. Streptococcus pneumoniae is the most important cause of severe pneumonia. We aimed to assess the efficacy of a nine-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in children...
- The predicted impact of private sector MMR vaccination on the burden of Congenital Rubella SyndromeE Vynnycky
Infectious Disease Epidemiology Unit, Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Vaccine 21:2708-19. 2003..Our findings highlight the need for countries to establish surveillance of trends in susceptibility to rubella and CRS incidence and perhaps introduce rubella vaccination among women of child-bearing age...
- Serological and molecular epidemiology of measles virus outbreaks reported in Ethiopia during 2000-2004W Nigatu
Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute EHNRI, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
J Med Virol 78:1648-55. 2006..Refinement of measles control measures might include targeting older age groups (5-14 years) and strengthening routine immunization particularly where importation of cases is a concern...
- Measles trends and vaccine effectiveness in Nairobi, KenyaP K Borus
Centre for Virus Research, Kenya Medical Research Institute, P O Box 54628, Nairobi, Kenya
East Afr Med J 80:361-4. 2003..To determine morbidity and mortality from measles and to estimate measles vaccine effectiveness among children hospitalised with measles in two hospitals in Nairobi...
- Seroepidemiology of hepatitis B virus in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: transmission patterns and vaccine controlA Abebe
Virology and Rickettsiology Research Team, Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute EHNRI, Addis Ababa, PO Box 1242, Ethiopia
Epidemiol Infect 131:757-70. 2003..These results should target future research studies of underlying risk factors. Furthermore, we generate a crude estimate of the level of coverage of HBV vaccine that would be required to eliminate the virus from the study population...
- Seroepidemiology of measles in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: implications for control through vaccinationF Enquselassie
Department of Community Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Addis Ababa, PO Box 1176, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Epidemiol Infect 130:507-19. 2003..Our data support the introduction of campaign vaccination in the city in 1998, although higher routine vaccine coverage is required to sustain the impact. The implications of a high prevalence of low-level antibody are discussed...
- Measles virus strains circulating in Ethiopia in 1998-1999: molecular characterisation using oral fluid samples and identification of a new genotypeW Nigatu
Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
J Med Virol 65:373-80. 2001..The degree of divergence from recognised clade D strains suggested that, together with three strains from the United Kingdom, it represents an additional genotype of clade D (GenBank accession numbers AF280800-280807)...
- Measles control in Maputo, Mozambique, using a single dose of Schwarz vaccine at age 9 monthsF T Cutts
Communicable Disease Epidemiology Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, England
Bull World Health Organ 72:227-31. 1994..The proportion of cases in children aged > or = 5 years increased from 15.2% to 32.8% in the corresponding periods. The global goals for measles control can be achieved by a single dose of Schwarz vaccine at 9 months of age...
- Principles of measles controlF T Cutts
Immunization Division, Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA 30333
Bull World Health Organ 69:1-7. 1991....