Affiliation: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) for point-of-care detection of asymptomatic low-density malaria parasite carriers in ZanzibarJackie Cook
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, SE 171 77, Sweden
Malar J 14:43. 2015....
- Using serological measures to monitor changes in malaria transmission in VanuatuJackie Cook
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Malar J 9:169. 2010....
- Immunophoretic rapid diagnostic tests as a source of immunoglobulins for estimating malaria sero-prevalence and transmission intensityGeoffrey S Williams
Joint Malaria Programme, Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre, Moshi, Tanzania
Malar J 8:168. 2009..RDTs are now widely used for the diagnosis of malaria and estimation of parasite rates, and this method represents a further use for these devices in malaria control...
- Establishing the extent of malaria transmission and challenges facing pre-elimination in the Republic of DjiboutiAbdisalan M Noor
Malaria Public Health and Epidemiology Group, Centre for Geographic Medicine Research Coast, Kenya Medical Research Institute Wellcome Trust Research Programme, P O Box 43640, 00100 GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
BMC Infect Dis 11:121. 2011....
- Serologic markers for detecting malaria in areas of low endemicity, Somalia, 2008Teun Bousema
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Emerg Infect Dis 16:392-9. 2010..016). Serologic markers are a promising tool for detecting spatial variation in malaria exposure and evaluating malaria control efforts in areas where transmission has decreased to levels below the detection limit of microscopy...
- Dried blood spots as a source of anti-malarial antibodies for epidemiological studiesPatrick H Corran
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Malar J 7:195. 2008..Although recommendations for the storage and analysis of small molecule analytes in blood spots exist, there are no published systematic studies of the stability of antibodies under different storage conditions...
- Rapid assessment of malaria transmission using age-specific sero-conversion ratesLaveta Stewart
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
PLoS ONE 4:e6083. 2009..This study evaluated SCR generated from samples collected from health facility attendees as a tool for a rapid assessment of malaria transmission intensity...
- Measurement of Plasmodium falciparum transmission intensity using serological cohort data from Indonesian schoolchildrenMichael T Bretscher
Department of Immunology and Infection, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London W1CE 7HT, UK
Malar J 12:21. 2013..A statistical approach is presented for measuring the seroconversion rate (SCR), a correlate of the force of infection, from individual-level longitudinal data on antibody titres in an area of low Plasmodium falciparum transmission...