W S Leslie
- Eating the elephant whole or in slices: views of participants in a smoking cessation intervention trial on multiple behaviour changes as sequential or concurrent tasksPreethi Koshy
Human Nutrition, School of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G4 0SF, UK
BMC Public Health 12:500. 2012..This paper explores smoking cessation participants' perceptions of attempting weight management alongside smoking cessation within the context of a health improvement intervention implemented in Glasgow, Scotland...
- Designing the eatwell week: the application of eatwell plate advice to weekly food intakeWilma S Leslie
Human Nutrition, School of Medicine GRI Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G4 0SF, UK
Public Health Nutr 16:795-802. 2013..To develop a menu and resource to illustrate to consumers and health professionals what a healthy balanced diet looks like over the course of a week...
- Changes in body weight and food choice in those attempting smoking cessation: a cluster randomised controlled trialWilma S Leslie
Human Nutrition, University of Glasgow, 4th Floor Walton Building, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Castle Street, Glasgow, G4 0SF, UK
BMC Public Health 12:389. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of a structured programme of dietary advice on weight change and food choice, in adults attempting smoking cessation...
- Improving the dietary intake of frail older peopleW S Leslie
Life course Nutrition and Health, Centre for Population and Health Sciences, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G4 0SF, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 70:263-7. 2011..The development of undernutrition is a multi-factorial process and a package of approaches may be required to prevent or treat undernutrition. Nutrition must be at the forefront of care if national care standards are to be met...
- Unidentified under-nutrition: dietary intake and anthropometric indices in a residential care home populationW S Leslie
Human Nutrition, Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 19:343-7. 2006..Research investigating the nutritional status of older people in residential care homes is scant...
- Improving the dietary intake of under nourished older people in residential care homes using an energy-enriching food approach: a cluster randomised controlled studyW S Leslie
Life Course, Nutrition and Health, Centre for Population Health, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 26:387-94. 2013..To examine whether the nutritional status of aged undernourished residents in care could be improved through dietary modification to increase energy intake but not portion size...
- Weight management: a survey of current practice in secondary care NHS settings in 2004W S Leslie
Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
J Eval Clin Pract 11:462-7. 2005..To determine the current practices in relation to weight management currently provided for overweight/obese patients attending different secondary care outpatient clinics...
- Weight gain as an adverse effect of some commonly prescribed drugs: a systematic reviewW S Leslie
Human Nutrition, Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Queen Elizabeth Building, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
QJM 100:395-404. 2007..Weight management measures should be routinely considered when prescribing drugs known to promote weight gain. Future clinical trials should always document weight changes...
- An evaluation of an obesity and weight management resource packW S Leslie
Human Nutrition Section, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 23:260-3. 2010..These have been developed for use by Dietitians to determine the uptake and implementation of DOM UK resources in dietetic practice, as well as the opinions and suggestions of Dietitians concerning the resource pack...
- Delay in calling for help during myocardial infarction: reasons for the delay and subsequent pattern of accessing careW S Leslie
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, UK
Heart 84:137-41. 2000..To determine the reasons for delay in calling for help during acute myocardial infarction and the reasons for choice of first medical contact...
- Prevention and management of excessive gestational weight gain: a survey of overweight and obese pregnant womenW S Leslie
School of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 4th Floor, Walton Building, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 84 Castle Street, Glasgow G4 0SF, UK
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:10. 2013....
- A transferable programme of nutritional counselling for rehabilitation following myocardial infarction: a randomised controlled studyW S Leslie
Human Nutrition, University of Glasgow Division of Developmental Medicine, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 58:778-86. 2004..To evaluate the response to simple innovative dietary counselling in post myocardial infarction patients...