- Detection of colorectal carcinoma on double contrast barium enema when double reporting is routinely performed: an audit of current practiceA Leslie
Department of Clinical Radiology, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, UK
Clin Radiol 57:184-7. 2002..To determine the sensitivity of double contrast barium enema (DCBE) in the detection of colorectal carcinoma (CRC) when double reporting is routinely performed...
- ColonoscopyA Leslie
University Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, UK
J R Coll Surg Edinb 47:502-9. 2002..In this article, the key steps in performing colonoscopy are described with a view to providing the trainee with a logical sequence of manoeuvres on which to base a sound technique...
- The colorectal adenoma-carcinoma sequenceA Leslie
Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, UK
Br J Surg 89:845-60. 2002..The evidence supporting this hypothesis has increased rapidly in recent years and the purpose of this article is to review this evidence critically and highlight its clinical significance...
- Management of colorectal cancerA Leslie
Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
Postgrad Med J 78:473-8. 2002..The treatment of advanced disease is still essentially palliative, although surgery for limited hepatic metastases may be curative in a small proportion of patients...
- Lower gastrointestinal symptoms are not predictive of colorectal neoplasia in a faecal occult blood screen-positive populationS Ahmed
Department of Surgery and Molecular Oncology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Br J Surg 92:478-81. 2005....
- Relationship between point gene mutation, chromosomal abnormality, and tumour suppressor gene methylation status in colorectal adenomasH Judson
Department of Human Genetics, Ninewells Hospital and University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
J Pathol 210:344-50. 2006..We conclude that methylation abnormality is very common in pre-invasive colorectal neoplasia, and that high level methylation is associated with low level chromosomal instability...