- Kinematic characteristics of elite men's and women's 20 km race walking and their variation during the raceBrian Hanley
Carnegie Faculty, Leeds Metropolitan University, UK
Sports Biomech 10:110-24. 2011..Different associations were found for some key variables in men and women, suggesting that their techniques may differ due to differences in height and mass...
- Analysis of lower limb internal kinetics and electromyography in elite race walkingBrian Hanley
Leeds Metropolitan University, School of Sport, Headingley Campus, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Sports Sci 31:1222-32. 2013..The knee flexors underwent a phase of great energy absorption during the swing phase and this could increase the risk of injury to the hamstring muscles...
- Kinematic characteristics of elite men's 50 km race walkingBrian Hanley
Carnegie Faculty, Leeds Metropolitan Univeristy, Leeds, UK
Eur J Sport Sci 13:272-9. 2013..From this study, it would appear that the key areas a 50 km race walker must develop and coordinate are step length and cadence, although it is also important to ensure legal walking technique is maintained with the onset of fatigue...
- An analysis of pacing profiles of world-class racewalkersBrian Hanley
Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK
Int J Sports Physiol Perform 8:435-41. 2013..The aim of this study was to describe the pacing profiles used by racewalkers competing in IAAF World Championships...
- Cypriot and greek army military boot cushioning: ground reaction forces and subjective responsesPanagiotis Paisis
Carnegie Faculty, Carnegie Research Institute, Leeds Metropolitan University, United Kingdom LS6 3QS
Mil Med 178:e493-7. 2013..With little evidence to support wholesale adoption of insoles in MBs, their use by military personnel can only be recommended on a case-by-case basis...