Affiliation: Leeds Metropolitan University
- The ethos of physical activity delivery in mental health: a narrative study of service user experiencesDavid Carless
Carnegie Research Institute, Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, UK
Issues Ment Health Nurs 33:165-71. 2012..We conclude that it is not so much what activity is delivered, but how it is delivered that is critical for sustained participation and positive outcomes...
- An alternative view of psychological well-being in cardiac rehabilitation: Considering temperament and characterDavid Carless
Carnegie Research Institute, Leeds Metropolitan University, Beckett s Park Campus, Leeds, LS6 3QS, England, United Kingdom
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 5:237-43. 2006..Psychobiological theory of personality has potential in this regard, but, to date, no research has investigated temperament and character in cardiac settings...
- Social support for and through exercise and sport in a sample of men with serious mental illnessDavid Carless
Leeds Metropolitan University, Beckett Park, Leeds, United Kingdom
Issues Ment Health Nurs 29:1179-99. 2008..We conclude that experiences of both receiving and giving diverse forms of support in this way are significant for some people living with and recovering from serious mental illness...
- Psychosocial outcomes of an inclusive adapted sport and adventurous training course for military personnelDavid Carless
Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds, United Kingdom
Disabil Rehabil 35:2081-8. 2013....
- Physical activity in the process of psychiatric rehabilitation: theoretical and methodological issuesGuy Faulkner
University of Toronto, Faculty of Physical Education and Health, 55 Harbord Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2W6, Canada
Psychiatr Rehabil J 29:258-66. 2006..These approaches differ widely in scope but all share one thing in common: a personalized understanding of the process of mental health change in psychiatric rehabilitation...