D F Horrobin
Affiliation: Laxdale Ltd
- Essential fatty acid metabolism and its modification in atopic eczemaD F Horrobin
Laxdale Research, Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 71:367S-72S. 2000..Atopic eczema may be a minor inherited abnormality of EFA metabolism...
- Long-term potentiation in aged rats is restored when the age-related decrease in polyunsaturated fatty acid concentration is reversedD S D Martin
Department of Physiology, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 67:121-30. 2002....
- Eicosapentaenoic acid and arachidonic acid: collaboration and not antagonism is the key to biological understandingD F Horrobin
Laxdale Ltd, King Park House, LaurelhiIl Business Park, Stirling FK7 9JQ, Scotland
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 66:83-90. 2002..We suggest that elevation of concentrations of both AA and EPA in cell membranes may be important for health...
- Ethyl-EPA in Huntington disease: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trialB K Puri
Imaging Sciences Department, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Neurology 65:286-92. 2005..Further studies of the potential efficacy of ethyl-EPA are warranted...
- Cerebral metabolism in male patients with schizophrenia who have seriously and dangerously violently offended: a 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyB K Puri
MRI Unit, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0HS, UK
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 70:409-11. 2004..betaNTP was lower (P < 0.04) and gammaNTP was higher (P < 0.04) in the patient group compared with the normal control group. Our results are suggestive of increased cerebral energy metabolism taking place in the forensic patients...
- Ethyl-eicosapentaenoic acid ingestion prevents corticosterone-mediated memory impairment induced by central administration of interleukin-1beta in ratsC Song
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Mol Psychiatry 9:630-8. 2004..These findings in turn may indicate beneficial effects of ethyl-EPA in the treatment of cognitive and affective disorders in which inflammation and stress play a critical role...
- Abnormalities in dihomo-gamma-linolenic acid release in the pathogenesis of hypertensionJ P Mtabaji
Efamol Research Institute, Kentville, Nova Scotia, Canada
Am J Hypertens 6:458-62. 1993..It is suggested that the defect in the release of DGLA may be involved in the pathogenesis of hypertension because it occurs early before hypertension has actually occurred...
- The effect of gamma-linolenic acid on plasma and membrane lipids and renal prostaglandin synthesis in older subjectsA Hornych
Broussais Hospital, Paris, France
Bratisl Lek Listy 103:101-7. 2002..CONCLUSION: Dietary supplementation of essential fatty acids such as gamma-linolenic acid to old subjects has beneficial effect on their health condition. (Tab. 6, Fig. 5, Ref. 37.)..
- Eicosapentaenoic acid in treatment-resistant depression associated with symptom remission, structural brain changes and reduced neuronal phospholipid turnoverB K Puri
MRI Unit, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, W12 0HS, UK
Int J Clin Pract 55:560-3. 2001..Registered difference images showed that the EPA treatment was accompanied by structural brain changes including, in particular, a reduction in the lateral ventricular volume...
- The comparison of changes in behavior, neurochemistry, endocrine, and immune functions after different routes, doses and durations of administrations of IL-1beta in ratsC Song
Department of Biomedical Science, AVC, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada
Pharmacopsychiatry 39:88-99. 2006..In addition, the sub-chronic administration of IL-1 induces behavioral, neurotransmitter, hormonal and immune changes that may be causally implicated in the mechanism of some of psychiatric disorders such as depression...