Affiliation: Kingston University
- Efficient computer-aided detection of ground-glass opacity nodules in thoracic CT imagesXujiong Ye
Medicsight PLC, 66 Hammersmith Road, London W14 8UD, UK
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:4449-52. 2007..3%, with the number of false positives at approximately 12.7/scan (0.07/slice). The high detection performance of the method suggested promising potential for clinical applications...
- Segmentation of pulmonary nodules in thoracic CT scans: a region growing approachJ Dehmeshki
Faculty of Computing, Information Systems and Mathematics, Kingston University, Kingston upon Thames KT1 2EE, UK
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 27:467-80. 2008..84% of the first results of the segmentation were accepted by the radiologist while for the remaining 16% nodules, alternative segmentation solutions that were provided by the method were selected...
- Automated detection of lung nodules in CT images using shape-based genetic algorithmJamshid Dehmeshki
Medicsight PLC, London, UK
Comput Med Imaging Graph 31:408-17. 2007..6/scan (0.06/slice). The high-detection performance of the method suggested promising potential for clinical applications...
- Shape-based computer-aided detection of lung nodules in thoracic CT imagesXujiong Ye
Medicsight PLC, London W14 8UD, UK
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 56:1810-20. 2009..The method's high detection rate, fast computation, and applicability to different imaging conditions and nodule types shows much promise for clinical applications...
- Volumetric quantification of atherosclerotic plaque in CT considering partial volume effectJamshid Dehmeshki
Medicsight PLC, London, W1J 5AT, UK
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 26:273-82. 2007..The high reproducibility of the proposed method for 35 patients, scanned twice using the same protocol at a minimum interval of 10 min, shows that the method provides 2-3 times lower interscan variation than conventional techniques...
- Computer assisted detection software for CT colonography: effect of sphericity filter on performance characteristics for patients with and without fecal taggingJamshid Dehmeshki
Medicsight PLC, Berkeley Sq, London, UK
Eur Radiol 17:662-8. 2007..8% for polyps 6 mm or more when used at a sphericity setting of 0.3. Higher sphericity settings increased specificity while reducing sensitivity. The bowel preparation used significantly impacts on specificity...
- Computer-assisted detection for CT colonography: external validationS Halligan
Department of Specialist Radiology, University College Hospital, London, UK
Clin Radiol 61:758-63; discussion 764-5. 2006..To externally validate a computer-assisted detection (CAD) system for computed tomography (CT) colonography, using data from a single centre uninvolved with the software development...
- Computed tomographic colonography: assessment of radiologist performance with and without computer-aided detectionSteve Halligan
Department of Specialist Radiology, University College Hospital, London, England
Gastroenterology 131:1690-9. 2006..However, the unavoidable interaction between CAD and the reader has not been addressed...
- Polyp detection with CT colonography: primary 3D endoluminal analysis versus primary 2D transverse analysis with computer-assisted reader softwareStuart A Taylor
Department of Intestinal Imaging, St Mark s Hospital, Northwick Park, Harrow, United Kingdom
Radiology 239:759-67. 2006....
- Computer-assisted reader software versus expert reviewers for polyp detection on CT colonographyStuart A Taylor
Department of Intestinal Imaging, St Mark s and Northwick Park Hospitals, Watford Rd, Harrow HA1 3UJ, United Kingdom
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:696-702. 2006..The purpose of our study was to assess the sensitivity of computer-assisted reader (CAR) software for polyp detection compared with the performance of expert reviewers...
- Computed tomography colonography: automated diameter and volume measurement of colonic polyps compared with a manual technique--in vitro studyDavid Burling
Intestinal Imaging Centre, St Mark s Hospital, Northwick Park, London, United Kingdom
J Comput Assist Tomogr 29:387-93. 2005..To investigate inter- and intraobserver agreement of automated measurement of polyp diameter in vitro...