Affiliation: Kingston University
- Do treatment preferences for patients with angina change? An 18-month follow-up studyAnn Bowling
Faculty of Health and Social Care, St George s, University of London, UK
Health Expect 15:351-9. 2012..To assess whether preferences for patients with angina changed at 18-month follow-up using the Patient Preferences Questionnaire for Angina treatment (PPQA)...
- Older People's Quality of Life (OPQOL) scores and adverse health outcomes at a one-year follow-up. A prospective cohort study on older outpatients living in the community in ItalyClaudio Bilotta
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Health Qual Life Outcomes 9:72. 2011..Aim of this study was to evaluate the ability of the overall QOL and of the HRQOL to predict several adverse health outcomes at a one-year follow-up in an older outpatient population living in the community...
- Which measure of quality of life performs best in older age? A comparison of the OPQOL, CASP-19 and WHOQOL-OLDAnn Bowling
Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, Kingston University and St George s, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 ORE, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 65:273-80. 2011..Its performance was assessed cross-sectionally and longitudinally. It was compared with two existing QoL measures in the cross-sectional studies in order to identify the optimal measure for use with older populations...
- Psychological approach to successful ageing predicts future quality of life in older adultsAnn Bowling
Faculty of Health and Social Care, St George s, University of London and Kingston University, St George s, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17ORE, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 9:13. 2011..Positive perspectives of ageing are underpinned by a range of appraoches to successful ageing. This study aimed to investigate whether baseline biological, psychological and social aproaches to successful ageing predicted future QoL...
- Quality of life in older outpatients living alone in the community in ItalyClaudio Bilotta
Geriatric Medicine Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan, Italy
Health Soc Care Community 20:32-41. 2012....
- Challenges in comparing the quality of life of older people between ethnic groups, and the implications for national well-being indicators: a secondary analysis of two cross-sectional surveysRobert L Grant
Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences, Kingston University and St George s, University of London, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 9:109. 2011..Scales are available that have been validated in specific parts of the population, such as older people. However, validation among combinations of minority groups, such as older adults of ethnic minority backgrounds, is lacking...
- Do older and younger people differ in their reported well-being? A national survey of adults in BritainAnn Bowling
Faculty of Health and Social Care, St George s, University of London and Kingston University, London, UK
Fam Pract 28:145-55. 2011..To document population perceptions of well-being and predictors of self-assessed well-being...