Affiliation: King's College London
- Penetrance for copy number variants associated with schizophreniaEvangelos Vassos
Institute of Psychiatry, MRC SGDP Centre, King s College London, London, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:3477-81. 2010..Thus, although CNVs are still far from being clinically useful or relevant to genetic counselling for specific disorders, their detection may hold an important clinical value in predicting negative developmental outcomes...
- Effect of CAG repeat length on psychiatric disorders in Huntington's diseaseEvangelos Vassos
Neurogenetics Unit, Department of Neurology, Eginition Hospital, University of Athens, 74 Vas Sofias Ave, Athens 11528, Greece
J Psychiatr Res 42:544-9. 2008..It is hypothesized that alternative genetic or environmental factors underlie the pathogenesis of the psychiatric phenotype...
- Replication study and meta-analysis in European samples supports association of the 3p21.1 locus with bipolar disorderEvangelos Vassos
MRC SGDP Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 72:645-50. 2012..Subsequent studies have suggested that this is also a risk locus for other psychiatric phenotypes, including major depression and schizophrenia...
- Linear and non-linear associations of symptom dimensions and cognitive function in first-onset psychosisEugenia Kravariti
NIHR Biomedical Research Centre for Mental Health, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust and Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF, UK
Schizophr Res 140:221-31. 2012..It also extended the research focus to mania, a less studied symptom dimension...
- Higher levels of extroverted hostility detected in gene carriers at risk for Huntington's diseaseEvangelos Vassos
Neurogenetics Unit, Department of Neurology, Eginition Hospital, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Biol Psychiatry 62:1347-52. 2007..The objective of the present study was to detect behavioral and psychological features that differentiate gene carriers from non-carriers...
- Meta-analysis of the association of urbanicity with schizophreniaEvangelos Vassos
MRC SGDP Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Schizophr Bull 38:1118-23. 2012..The risk for schizophrenia at the most urban environment was estimated to be 2.37 times higher than in the most rural environment. The same effect was found when studies measuring the risk for nonaffective psychosis were included...
- Association analysis of STX1A gene variants in common forms of migraineMaria Tropeano
Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre at the Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, UK
Cephalalgia 32:203-12. 2012..To examine the association of genetic variants in the syntaxin 1A gene (STX1A) with common forms of migraine, and perform a combined analysis of the data from the current study and previously published reports...
- Correlation and familial aggregation of dimensions of psychosis in affected sibling pairs from ChinaEvangelos Vassos
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Division of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 193:305-10. 2008..A number of studies with conflicting results have examined the familiality of schizophrenia syndromes in Western populations...
- The cognitive impact of the ANK3 risk variant for bipolar disorder: initial evidence of selectivity to signal detection during sustained attentionGaia Ruberto
Section of Neurobiology of Psychosis, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e16671. 2011..Preclinical data suggest that this may principally apply to sequential signal detection, a core process of sustained attention...
- Evidence of association of KIBRA genotype with episodic memory in families of psychotic patients and controlsEvangelos Vassos
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine and Psychiatry and NIHR Biomedical Research Centre, London, UK
J Psychiatr Res 44:795-8. 2010..05). This study replicates the association between the KIBRA gene and episodic memory and suggests a possibly differential effect of the polymorphism in psychotic and non-psychotic individuals...
- No association between a common single nucleotide polymorphism, rs4141463, in the MACROD2 gene and autism spectrum disorderSarah Curran
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, UK
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 156:633-9. 2011..944-1.133), with a P-value of 0.5 for ASD and OR of 0.99 (95% CI 0.88-1.11) with P-value = 0.85 for the Autism (A) sub-group. Therefore, this study does not provide support for the reported association between rs4141463 and autism...
- Large recurrent microdeletions associated with schizophreniaHreinn Stefansson
CNS Division, deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, IS 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Nature 455:232-6. 2008..CNV analysis may also point the way to the identification of additional and more prevalent risk variants in genes and pathways involved in schizophrenia...
- Association of genetically proven Huntington's disease and sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in a 72-year-old womanSokratis G Papageorgiou
J Neurol 253:1649-50. 2006
- Prevalence of epilepsy in prisoners: systematic reviewSeena Fazel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX
BMJ 324:1495. 2002