Frederique van den Eynde
Affiliation: King's College London
- Handedness, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation and bulimic disordersF van den Eynde
King s College London, Section of Eating Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, PO Box 59, SE5 8AF, London, UK
Eur Psychiatry 27:290-3. 2012..This highlights the importance of handedness and cortex lateralisation for rTMS...
- Cardiac safety of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in bulimic eating disordersFrederique van den Eynde
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Brain Stimul 4:112-4. 2011..Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) is increasingly used in research. However, cardiac safety is not routinely assessed...
- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation reduces cue-induced food craving in bulimic disordersFrederique van den Eynde
Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 67:793-5. 2010..Dysfunction of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (DLPFC) is associated with craving. We investigated whether stimulation of the DLPFC reduces food craving in people with a bulimic-type eating disorder...
- Quetiapine treatment and improved cognitive functioning in borderline personality disorderFrederique van den Eynde
Department of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology, University Hospital Ghent, Gent, Belgium
Hum Psychopharmacol 24:646-9. 2009..We aimed to assess whether executive functioning improved over time in a sample of borderline personality disorder (BPD) subjects that took part in a quetiapine treatment trial...
- Neurocognition in bulimic eating disorders: a systematic reviewF van den Eynde
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychological Medicine, London, UK
Acta Psychiatr Scand 124:120-40. 2011..Conclusion: Neurocognition in bulimic eating disorders is under researched, and the available evidence is inconclusive. This review outlines strategies for further research in this area...
- [The effects of energy drinks on cognitive performance]F van den Eynde
Universitair Ziekenhuis Gent en het Maudsley Hospital te London
Tijdschr Psychiatr 50:273-81. 2008..The main ingredients of energy drinks are caffeine, sugar, taurine and glucuronolactone. According to the manufacturers, the stimulating effects of these drinks are due to interaction between the various ingredients...
- Efficacy of quetiapine for impulsivity and affective symptoms in borderline personality disorderFrederique van den Eynde
Department of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:147-55. 2008..These results suggest that quetiapine may be efficacious in the treatment of impulsivity and affective symptoms in BPD...
- [The syndrome of Cotard: an overview]F van den Eynde
Arts assistent, opleiding tot psychiater werkzaam in het Universitair ziekenhuis teGent en in het Maudsley Hospital, London, Verenigd Koninkrijk
Tijdschr Psychiatr 50:89-98. 2008..A patient with Cotard's syndrome, for instance, is characterised by a nihilistic delusion relating to his own body and the syndrome does not fit into any one category. We report on a case of Cotard's syndrome encountered at our clinic...
- [Gilles de la Tourette syndrome mimicking an eating disorder]Frederique van den Eynde
Eating Disorder Section PO59, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
Turk Psikiyatri Derg 18:375-8. 2007..Sedation and sexual dysfunction occurred as adverse events. Vomiting as a tic is rare clinical manifestation, but this possibility should be considered when patients have a history of tics...
- Theory of mind in bulimia nervosaMartha Kenyon
Section of Eating Disorders, Department of Psychological Medicine, King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Int J Eat Disord 45:377-84. 2012....
- State and trait food craving in people with bulimic eating disordersFrederique van den Eynde
Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Section of Eating Disorders, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London, United Kingdom
Eat Behav 13:414-7. 2012..State food craving was associated with eating disorder psychopathology, but only in the BD group. This research underscores the importance of food craving in the study and conceptualization of BD...
- Emotional and social mind training: a randomised controlled trial of a new group-based treatment for bulimia nervosaAnna Lavender
Eating Disorders Service, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, Maudsley Hospital, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e46047. 2012..This study tested a novel treatment based on the above hypothesis, an Emotional and Social Mind Training Group (ESM), against a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Group (CBT) treatment...
- A study of neurocognition in bulimia nervosa and eating disorder not otherwise specified-bulimia typeFrederique van den Eynde
Section of Eating Disorders, Department of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 34:67-77. 2012..Analyses of covariance (covariates: age, NART, and DASS-21) showed that people with BN and EDNOS-BN performed as well as HCs on all tasks. Attention task performance was poorer in the EDNOS-BN than in the BN group...
- Blinding success of rTMS applied to the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in randomised sham-controlled trials: a systematic reviewHannah J Broadbent
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Section of Eating Disorders, London, UK
World J Biol Psychiatry 12:240-8. 2011..The aim of this systematic review was to examine the reporting of blinding success in randomised sham-controlled trials (RCTs) of rTMS applied to the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex...
- Euthanasia: the role of the psychiatristKris Naudts
Psychiatry Teaching Unit, Department of Forensic Mental Health Science, Institute of Psychiatry, PO Box 23, London SE5 8AF
Br J Psychiatry 188:405-9. 2006..Psychiatrists and their professional organisations need to play a greater role in this ongoing debate and contribute from a clinical, scientific and ethical point of view...
- Structural magnetic resonance imaging in eating disorders: a systematic review of voxel-based morphometry studiesFrederique van den Eynde
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Department of Psychological Medicine, Section of Eating Disorders, London, UK
Eur Eat Disord Rev 20:94-105. 2012..Overall, as the available data are inconclusive, further efforts in this field are warranted...
- Risk factors, correlates, and markers in early-onset bulimia nervosa and EDNOSJemma Day
Social, Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, London, United Kingdom
Int J Eat Disord 44:287-94. 2011..This study aimed to investigate the specific risk factors, correlates, and markers associated with the development of symptomatology of early-onset BN and subclinical BN...
- Cotard's syndrome: a reviewHans Debruyne
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Ghent, De Pintelaan 185, Ghent 9000, Belgium
Curr Psychiatry Rep 11:197-202. 2009..This review presents an up-to-date overview of Cotard's syndrome, which was initially described more than a century ago...